New off road transport

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
pablo
Premix Junkie

New off road transport

Post by pablo »

After many years of faithfull service my WR250 went today. It was a cracking bike,easy to ride, and lookafter. I'm not doing as much of the snotty bog surfing type of riding I used to do, so it's being replaced by a KTM 400 exc, better suited to the long hard surface riding I'm doing now.
I had a 450 a few years ago, it was just a bit too edgy, whereas the 400 is pokey, but a bit more civilized.

Cracking bog surfer.

The new girl. Debut tomorrow morning.

"Turned out nice again"
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

The problem is it will get all dirty :)

If i had roads/tracks like in the top picture i wouldnt hesitate to get one
but all i have is every bit of green space is being built on or you get nicked and then be portrayed as some hooligan on a bike.

Enjoy your ride, hope it stops rainning :)
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

I keep meaning to have a go at green laning, i think i need to join a club or something. The other problem is i only really have spare time over winter when the weather is crap :(
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

375 wrote:The problem is it will get all dirty :)

Enjoy your ride, hope it stops rainning :)
The top photo was on the Isle of Man. A great place for trail riding. We still have a fair bit to go at up here but it's under threat from those who can't tollerate the thought that they might encounter a motorcycle, and the undesirable that might be riding it.

I hope it's still raining tomorrow 375, cos it'll keep the bobbly hatters in the tea rooms.

Here's another pic of my 450, just after it shot me straight out the front door.

"Turned out nice again"
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Well tidy Pablo,got to be the best looking road legal bikes them KTM's.
As a previous poster put,its the plod that put most folk off owning a duely,
Who do you go out with,are you with a club?
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

garye345 wrote:Well tidy Pablo,got to be the best looking road legal bikes them KTM's.
As a previous poster put,its the plod that put most folk off owning a duely,
Who do you go out with,are you with a club?
I agree KTM's are very easy on the eye.

Trail riding has been through a real tough time over the last 10yrs. A lot of idiots on illegal bikes riding illegal routes were causing problems, and it made it easy for the antis (mainly the ramblers) :evil: to try and ban all recreational use of motor vehicles in the countryside. It's better now, but there's still opposition from the bobbly hat brigade to what is a perfectly legitimate activity.

It really makes me angry when I come across this intollerance. I work hard all week, and unwind in a way that works for me. I resent their view that the countryside can only be enjoyed in freshly dubbined boots, carrying a tartan flask of earl grey.

It's big enough for everyone, and we have so few rights of way open to us now because of their spitefull and prejudiced action. Live and let live I say.

Anyway before I get properly revved up :roll: The TRF Trail riders fellowship, have fought tirelessly to preserve byways. They are the people to get in touch with if you want to get out.

We had a great day yesterday, covered bits of Co Durham, Northumberland, and Cumbria. Rained like hell all day, got back freezing cold soaking wet, and filthy dirty. MINT. We bumbed into farmers, shooters, and horse riders, and exchanged pleasantries with them all. Not a bobbly hatter oot all day :D

"Turned out nice again"
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Couldn't handle that getting it dirty, but could green lane in the summer :)
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

pablo wrote: .
Rained like hell all day, got back freezing cold soaking wet, and filthy dirty. MINT. We bumbed into farmers, shooters, and horse riders, and exchanged pleasantries with them all. Not a bobbly hatter oot all day :
Sounds fantastic !!!
What a great day out =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

TRF,they meet first thurs in a boozer at bradford,i just keep forgeting to go on that thurs.
First time i went "offroad" got an ASBO,3 normal dressed coppers in the bushers(spotters)and one on a quad.I just thought they were stashing gear or somert........ :x
Must remember 1st thursday! 8-[
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

garye345 wrote: I just thought they were stashing gear or somert........ :x
Class :D
"Turned out nice again"
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Sounds like the coppers are rushed of there feet :roll:
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

It's better now, but there's still opposition from the bobbly hat brigade to what is a perfectly legitimate activity.
Trouble with the ramblers is some of them have a 'holier than thou' attitude.

Last year we were camping just outside Ripon (we seem to go there every year, its brilliant, got its own bar, fishing lake, couple of play areas for the kids, big screen tv for the footie) & decided to have a walk to a local pub.

We took an off road route because of the amount of kids & dogs with us & were passed on the way to the pub & on the way back by about a dozen or so greenlaners.

They slowed well before they got to us, gave us all a freindly wave (the kids were right made up with that :D ) & didn't razz it till they were well past us.

At the pub, I got talking to a few people (turns out they were 'every opportunity' ramblers) & all they did was moan about the amount of 'bikers' using THEIR route.

I couldn't be arsed to tell them I love my bikes :roll:
There's nothin' worse than a blabber-mouth cat
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Howie. I've seen the day when I would've responded to them, but now, like you I can't be arsed.

It wouldn't do anygood anyway.

A few more summers like this one, and we won't have to worry about them :D
"Turned out nice again"