Slow dropping revs

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
malsa
Light Smoker

Slow dropping revs

Post by malsa »

On my kr1 The revs drop normally then pause at 3k and drop slowly an idle good, I've checked the reed blocks and carb rubbers,carbs thinking it was a symptom of an air leak but all seems fine. Checked all cables for sticking and checked float height etc. with no joy, am I barking up the wrong tree with the air leak?

Any advice most welcome

Thanks in advance. Darren
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

probably just faulty air-screw adjustment.

to check airleaks : spray some brakecleaner arround the inletrubbers when the engine is running. if the rev's change, you've got a leak.

in my experience: the air-screw needs much less turning out then the manual says. only about 3/4 off a turn is a good starting point. and remember : they are at the back off the carb, so unlike "normal" air screws (= at the front of the carb), on these PWK's they regulate the air and not the fuel, so turning out = leaner, turning in = richer.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

Thanks janbros. Done air screws 3/4 turn out cured it, Soon as I go to 1 turn out starts holding the revs a bit, so ill leave it there,
How come they got 1 1/2 turns in manual ? I thought about turning them in before but didn't want to stray from manual.
Thanks again
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

malsa wrote: How come they got 1 1/2 turns in manual ?
I don't know, I didn't write it :lol:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
malsa
Light Smoker

Post by malsa »

No shit Sherlock :lol: