Tandem Twin Owners

The place to talk about your Tandem!
scottricho

Post by scottricho »

good what mate?
moving forward , has anyone a cheap source for the seals or bearings in the motor or their measurements , i notice that the people chatting on the kr1 site share that sort of info
Bikes: 2x RGV 250 vj21 (pepsi/black)
2x KR 250A (reds)
h***a TLM 200
Suzuki Tc 120 1969 (project)
Suzuki DR 350 1992
kr1b1 1988
some others for the missus n kids
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Re: kra1

Post by StrokerBoy »

scottricho wrote:hello everyone i have put together the 84 and rode the Distinguished Gentlemans Ride in perth ,australia ,turning heads at its distinct noise and castrol r smell (or was it my suit and tie and medals for gallantry and fake big moustache and kaiser war helmet)
Pictures please ! :mrgreen:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

^ Now there's an idea for the theme of your next Different Strokers stand... :lol:
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
scottricho

Post by scottricho »

I was so engrossed in rebuilding my red kra that I did not notice my wife was having an affair with a toothless carnival ride operator who works at her workplace. I did not adhere to the 11th commandment "Thou shalt not marry a new zealender"and have ended up living in a rusty caravan in my dads backyard. (at least I have the two stroke collection but I blew a crankseal on my last kra ride and now a heap of gearbox oil smoke comes out the top exhaust pipe. so where fellow madmen can I get some replacement seals? )life at the moment is like a black mans left testicle,its not fair and not right but on the bright side ,I have started seeing a blonde, norweigan schoolgirl, paralysed from the knees down who lets me gaffa tape her to the bedhead.the bikes are gathering dust.
2x KR 250A (reds)
h***a TLM 200
Suzuki DR 350 1992
kr1b1 1988
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

scottricho wrote:I was so engrossed in rebuilding my red kra that I did not notice my wife was having an affair with a toothless carnival ride operator who works at her workplace. I did not adhere to the 11th commandment "Thou shalt not marry a new zealender"and have ended up living in a rusty caravan in my dads backyard. (at least I have the two stroke collection but I blew a crankseal on my last kra ride and now a heap of gearbox oil smoke comes out the top exhaust pipe. so where fellow madmen can I get some replacement seals? )life at the moment is like a black mans left testicle,its not fair and not right but on the bright side ,I have started seeing a blonde, norweigan schoolgirl, paralysed from the knees down who lets me gaffa tape her to the bedhead.the bikes are gathering dust.

I started reading this with sympathy and perhaps maybe also a little anger at your plight... Then I got to the last line and I'm sorry to admit ... It made me laugh out loud :lol: ATB fella.. Keep smilin' eh (oh um erm.. just keep seein the Blonde Norweigan..lol)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Skyeport
Light Smoker

Re: Tandem Twin Owners

Post by Skyeport »

Took the plunge the other day & picked up a couple of very sorry looking '84 KRs (as mentioned in my post about alternate con-rods).
Will try to attach pictures but forgive me if I f#@$ it up :)
Had a KR as my first "real" motorbike back in about 1990 ( I don't consider the Z200 that preceded it to be more than a motorized bicycle/death trap) & before that spent my time annoying birdwatchers & the like on old & smelly trail bikes around the now prestigious area of Noosa in Queensland Australia.
When I spotted these two for sale on the local Hysterical motorcycle club web site, nostalgia got the better of me.
WTF have I done? Will they or even one of them run again? Might take me some time but hopefully will get there in the end. ](*,)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
myfirst
lurker

Post by myfirst »

Hi all Stewart here from Aus.
This is my first bike. Its not running at the moment but shouldn't take much to get it going. I found this page throw www.kr250.org. from what i'v found out so far from there is that it is a jap import to Aus. Iv only just got it so I will post some more picks once I get stuck into it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottricho

Post by scottricho »

gday from perth w.a I have displayed my 86 red at the Japanese bike show and will post pics once I know how.
I got a bit sad and drunk following my marriage split and threw my pepsi rgv down the main cafe strip of this town.(little street sweeper buggies had wet the road, something we are not used to, then swept up my mirrors and bits)
then I rebuilt it and then crashed it again (190kph when a tin top swerved from lane 2 to lane 4 on the freeway ) this time breaking my ankle in two places and taking a lot of bark off.
pepsi is fine. ankle is healed nicely. slowly getting back to normal and annoying all the modern diesels in the perth streetbike community on their most enjoyable grouprides.(checkout perth street bikes website 2 stroke section)
My kra drains the battery so I can only do little daytime stints at the moment .Its still the most beautiful sounding bike you can get especially when going over a hill and the load lightens, making it patter patter patter patter (you understand guys). I also own the oldest kr1b1 going by the register of frame numbers and will have to put it together eventually and show it off as soon as funds permit (engine already done) tally ho good show wot wot n all
2x KR 250A (reds)
h***a TLM 200
Suzuki DR 350 1992
kr1b1 1988
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Skyeport wrote:Took the plunge the other day & picked up a couple of very sorry looking '84 KRs
#-o :mrgreen:
Skyeport wrote:Had a KR as my first "real" motorbike back in about 1990
Great photo ! =D>
Yamaha RD350LC,
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Nice to see this area of the forum getting a little busier lately. 8)

No need for any of that common parallel-twin nonsense is there ? :mrgreen:
Yamaha RD350LC,
aussieboy
lurker

Post by aussieboy »

Hay guys, I have myself a very sad state of a kr250a. Seem to find it hard to get parts and not really a bike person so don't even no where to start. I'm in Australia, May slowley get my bike up and running one day
TurboStew
Light Smoker

Post by TurboStew »

One from Melbourne Vic Au, So that makes 5 now. Mine is a beater/rough as guts, but I have got it running and are attempting to give it a freshen up I have posted a topic looking for parts for it so if you can help that would be excellent. Oh my name is Stewart and I have a few different bikes.
Cheers Stew
(2x) GPZ 750 Turbo, E1 1984 & E2 1985
KDX 175 B2
1997 GSXR 750 SRAD Blue/White
1984 KR 250 A Tandem Twin, Green
1985 KR 250 A2 Tandem Twin, Red
mrhippo

Post by mrhippo »

hi
just joined the kr 250 club
long story (short version)
had a good job 8 bikes zzr 14 zx10 (04) z1300 zx12r kh 500 x 2 tzr250 (in bits) ossa 250 1974 never run
I had a very bad road accident which ruined my carrer
said bye bye to bikes as I couldn't hold any of them
got depressed bought a zxr 400 to clean polish and look at
still couldn't ride
so bought a kr250 has the weight of a 125 could ride carefully
so bought another 1 to play with and clean and polish
so that's me up to date both bikes need some work buy at least I can ride one
while I do the other one up
the only problem I have is due to my bad legs have to get my son
round to my house to kick start her as sometimes I have no energy
in my legs to start her
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Welcome mrhippo, glad you're on board. Get some photos of your KR's up. :D

Have to say though, if you've got problems kickstarting a bike, you couldn't have picked a worse one to buy... :oops:
Yamaha RD350LC,
TurboStew
Light Smoker

Post by TurboStew »

Welcome mrhippo, if you have problems with kick start bikes, you should purchase or make a pit starter. here is a link to one on evilbay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TROJAN-PIT-S ... 5404f1c172

Or you can just google them.
Hope this helps.
Stew
(2x) GPZ 750 Turbo, E1 1984 & E2 1985
KDX 175 B2
1997 GSXR 750 SRAD Blue/White
1984 KR 250 A Tandem Twin, Green
1985 KR 250 A2 Tandem Twin, Red