Classic bike and Practical Sports bike Bash and Thrash

Tell us where to meet you!
rc46
Oil Injector

Classic bike and Practical Sports bike Bash and Thrash

Post by rc46 »

chaps,

The Classic bike new site is now live and taking bookings for the 1st and 2nd of august at Cadwell park, friday and saturday, Im booked in for both days, Love to see some old faces... Been ages since i have been on track cant wait, Ill be there with my TZR and TDR,

Book soon, i rekon as soon as the mag puts the dates in all the slots will get soaked up with fat ol disels....

http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/

click shop to book, and events for details.....
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Classic bike and Practical Sports bike Bash and Thrash

Post by Luders »

I could be tempted this year
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

I really want to. Will have to see in a few weeks. Only get 5 sessions instead of the usual 7 though for the money :-(. Still be a cracking day mind.

Dan
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

well, they have a arseface page and talk that they might reduce groups to 5 pending bookings, however its 9am to 8pm with space to wibble bbq and watch the bikes, hope some kr-1s rock up, i know how fast they are……… miss mine….
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

I'd love to give it a go. Need to contact them to see if I can take 2 bikes on a single day, it'd be interesting to take the RD round and see how it copes! The KR is more suited but I'll be more worried about blowing it up :?
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Sod it, put the entry in anyway.. anyone else going?
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

well of course I'm in for both days, but don't have a kr1 anymore, so would be good if more of you could come along, i understand they have already changed friday now to contain 5 groups from 6 so we all get another session on track woo hoo :o
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Should be good fun, what bike are you riding? I might book the Friday as well, depends if I can get the day off work but by the time I find out there might not any places left so I decided best get Sat while there's still chance. Mate of mine is coming on his Yam YR5 as well.
Last edited by DougB on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

rc46 wrote:chaps,

Ill be there with my TZR and TDR,

Ok, that answers that!
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Lol cool as, can't wait to see some kr1s's, I may even have a propper tz250 with me if I can get her running in time, but the 3ma is going through a major rework and is taking all my spare time right now, miss my kr it's was fast as f#ck even if it did blow up all the time mmmmmm miss that bike should never have sold to mj 43 lol
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

I got the KR a couple of months ago, getting it roadworthy now to see if I get on with it this year. I'd been looking for a 3MA for a year or so, couldn't find what I wanted. A 3MA-1 did the rounds of my friends many years ago and I had to rebuild it once or twice, seemed they had a bit of a thing for going BANG??!! (just like KR's so I'm hearing) Didn't put me off, amazing bike, reverse cyl's sound awesome...

Be good to see you there hopefully.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

They only blow up because they are set up wrong my kr was an ex race track hack that really needed setting up but I just thrashed it lol, the 3ma is all about the heat and left cyLinder, it's comes with 210 jets I'm running a standard air box but now with 340 mains and it's nice 60 bhp with some modded standard pipes, havnt riden it yet as I'm still working on the rest of it, can't wait should be reliable and quick woop woop take your time the kawa's are very reliable and it's a awesome stbroker. I reckon the best of them all, only got the 3ma as I always wanted one but if a track kr came up for sale I'd have it ,,, fast as he'll and easy to work on...... See ya there
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

From RGV forum.... By RGVD

After last year's Cadwell weekend we had a quite a lot of riders tell us how good the day was but there was actually too much tracktime (not something you hear often!) which was proved as the last session or two were largely empty. We were also asked if we could add another group so more riders could take part, and give everyone a bit more time inbetween sessions to grab a brew, have a chat, tweak their bikes etc. but still have lots of tracktime! So sorta the impossible!!

To try and make all that happen we decided to buy another 3 hours on the Friday to maximise the tracktime available from 9am into 8pm, and allow us to offer more groups (which would pay for the extra 3 hours). We initially put together a timetable with 6 groups having 5 sessions each, but having had some feedback we've amended that to 5 groups having 6 sessions each with virtually 2 hours of tracktime for each rider. We wanted to go to 8pm on Saturday too but weren't allowed to buy the extra 3 hours, so it's the normal 9am - 5pm for the PS trackday, but with 4 groups each having 5 sessions totalling 1hr 45m on track each rider.

Friday evening the band kicks off and the bar opens as the track closes - or maybe even a little before - and all riders on Friday & Saturday have free camping for themselves +1. We'll also be running the Club Parade on Friday lunchtime with priority going to guys (and girls) from the clubs who aren't booked on the trackday, but would like to see what it's like to have a couple of laps (just email us with your name and bike details), and Saturday lunchtime will be some very special demos on track as part of Cadwell's 80th Anniversary celebration.

In addition to this, everyone's welcome to take advantage of the free professional tuition from our ACU instructors, there's tyre support from Continental, onsite mechanic in the shape of Griff from Aprilia Performance, track side snapper and on track insurance is also available.
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

So any more kr's going?

come on........ Dont be a h***a!!!!! LOL