please help me tune it!!

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
moltenmaniac

please help me tune it!!

Post by moltenmaniac »

bought a 1989 kr1 6 months ago, engine was in parts, barrels and pistons off, had been like that for 6 years, i bought new rings and cleaned out carbs etc, started it up but it doesnt run right and is very sluggish, ive checked spark, compression and powervalve operation, all seem fine to me, so its probly fuel mix but im not sure what to do next, any help would be much appreciated
mako

Post by mako »

Does it misfire until you hit the powerband? If so I have a similar problem.
If you follow the thread on 'carburation' there is some advice on there. I dropped the needle valves down one notch from centre to weaken the mixture, balanced the opening of the carbs and set the pilot screws to 1 1/4 turns out. The bike is running much better but still misfires at 7 - 8000rpm just before it hits the powerband. I haven't done many miles on it recently, so I need to give it a long run to see if it improves.
Colin
moltenmaniac

Post by moltenmaniac »

thanks, worked a treat (actually faster than my vt250 now, by a long shot), now all i have to fix is some sticky powervalves though im hoping thatll improve with time