Pass switch

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
the_bard
Smoker

Pass switch

Post by the_bard »

Hi guys,

Long time no post. Just wondering could someone please post some detailed pics of their "pass" switch, disassembled if possible. Mine's snapped off (from before I got the bike) and I want to make one up as the rest of the cluster is fine and I've finally gotten around to trying to sort out the troubled electrical system, but I'm not a hundred percent sure what it's meant to look like I'm assuming it works similar to the horn with a copper spring which connects the inner/outer contacts?

Thanks heaps in advance.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Pass switch

Post by JanBros »

there are probably a lot of other Kwaks that use the same gear. what about sourcing one of those and simply taking out the parts you need ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
the_bard
Smoker

Re: Pass switch

Post by the_bard »

Yeah that's defiantly a possibility, but I'd still need to see what the switch actually looks like, I've only got the bottom contact and a square hole at the moment.
Also wreckers charge through the nose here (Australia) and I figure if it's just a piece of plastic and a wrap of copper wire it should be reasonably easy to make and save a few bucks..
Cheers