NOS wiring loom

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

NOS wiring loom

Post by KR1Lee »

Hi, I've been told that there are possibly new wiring looms for the KR1S available at a very reasonable price on eBay. Has anyone come across these as I have been searching for a while and can't find them.

Lee
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: NOS wiring loom

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Lee
I had a look and they must have been sold, I will drop him an email just to make sure.
Cheers
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

Cheers Bernie. Made a start on the KR1S, dropped the frame off for a spot of welding!
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

That's a good starting point Lee, quite a few have got to the end of the rebuild only to discover that they have cracked engine mounts :(
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
KR1Lee
Light Smoker

Post by KR1Lee »

It was quite funny, he looked at the frame and said it was shot! He offered to completely re weld it for me, until I told him all Kawasaki frames were like that! :lol:
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

KR1Lee wrote:It was quite funny, he looked at the frame and said it was shot! He offered to completely re weld it for me, until I told him all Kawasaki frames were like that! :lol:
Doesn't seem to be just Kwaks either, I know of a few Gixxer 400 frames that have cracked engine mounts now as well! When you're rebuilding it Lee check the top engine mount spacing and the swingarm clearance in the frame as well, I had to make up shims for both of those..