Aftermarket ignition?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
stevo135+
Smoker

Aftermarket ignition?

Post by stevo135+ »

Hi.

I wondered if anyone can help in recommending me a programmable ignition system for my 1986 KMX 125? I need to get something that can be programed to suit the tuning work I'm having done.

I've tried to contact Zeeltronic so far, but had no reply or info with a suitable product I could buy. Is there any other brands I can look into that would suit my needs?

Id like to use an AC powered system if possible, but if I have to re-wire the bike then converting to DC wouldn't be a major problem I presume?

Thanks.

Steve.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Aftermarket ignition?

Post by JanBros »

My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
stevo135+
Smoker

Post by stevo135+ »

Hi many thanks for your help and links.

I contacted ignitech and they have made me a plug and play new dc CDI box in no time at all, and with super quick delivery too!

I'm hoping to take the bike for a dyno run next week as a Base line, and then it's on with a TMX30 carb and the CDI for tuning.

The last step will be the pipe from TSA that Kenny has very helpfully agreed to make for my little 125.

Thanks again for the info too!
stevo135+
Smoker

Post by stevo135+ »

Hi, i just thought I should update this topic finally with the outcome.

I approached ignitec with my request and they could not have been more helpful as they put me together a plug and play CDI for my KMX and applied a Base advance setting that should be safe to try it out before mapping.

Not only that but the CDI, programming software and pc link cables came to around £140 delivered. They were really helpful and easy to get in touch with via email, so I'm pleased with their service. Its not fitted yet but that's my next job after sorting out a few electrical gremlins I'm having.

Its a shame the other ignition manufacturer I spoke to were much less than helpful, but I'm happy now with a great product and excellent service from Ignitec.
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

stevo135+ wrote:
Its a shame the other ignition manufacturer I spoke to were much less than helpful, but I'm happy now with a great product and excellent service from Ignitec.
:shock: Consider yourself very lucky you got a reply. Still waiting for a quote on 10 quickshifts I wanted to buy from them. After sales service isn't their strong point.

As I posted check flywheel and programmed advance with a timing light
crochet & croquet