Looks great. =D>
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Re: After years getting somewhat along

Post by pepsi »

settled on this design on the tank, I will get better photos when this thing is done , I promise :?

mImage
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

Post by dougindoors »

Love it nice design
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

got the clear on :mrgreen: and installed the petcock, filler and sender, tomorrow some gas

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

That looks like a quality job =D>
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

road it for the first time in about 5 years! got some bugs to be worked out, but it is very quick :mrgreen:

Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gerrit »

The "E Box frame" transfers look out of place on a tandem twin, but other than that a first-rate job! One would wish that KHI had built them like this in the first place.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

Gerrit wrote:The "E Box frame" transfers look out of place on a tandem twin, but other than that a first-rate job! One would wish that KHI had built them like this in the first place.
I like the colors of it , nobody around here knows what it means :wink: I was going to put "EX FRAME" ( for "experimental" ) but the graphics place forgot to do it that way, I could always change it.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

paint job looks very very good =D>
paint scheme sadly is a bit of a hit and miss for me. the idea was good, but :
* the white on top of the tank does not flow over in the top fairing
* the white between the green and blue on the tank is too thin
* the blue and green on the tank are perpendicular, but not on the fairing
* the green on the fairing below "kawasaki" does not correspond with the green on the side-panels : the bottom line of it has a different angle
* the line of green at the bottom fairing has no follow-up on the rest of the bike
* the side panels are too white, looks like they are that way because that's were the number might come, but there are also yellow number boards at the back
* and at the same time the blue at the back is almost completly covered by those yellow number boards

can't help but feeling all the plastic's come from different bikes with different colour schemes :(
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

JanBros wrote:paint job looks very very good =D>
paint scheme sadly is a bit of a hit and miss for me. the idea was good, but :
* the white on top of the tank does not flow over in the top fairing
* the white between the green and blue on the tank is too thin
* the blue and green on the tank are perpendicular, but not on the fairing
* the green on the fairing below "kawasaki" does not correspond with the green on the side-panels : the bottom line of it has a different angle
* the line of green at the bottom fairing has no follow-up on the rest of the bike
* the side panels are too white, looks like they are that way because that's were the number might come, but there are also yellow number boards at the back
* and at the same time the blue at the back is almost completly covered by those yellow number boards

can't help but feeling all the plastic's come from different bikes with different colour schemes :(
You got me there, :lol: but I used the Kawi's from the early 90's for inspiration and for instance if you look at a KR1S C3 its got stripes and lines going all over the place. I still love it though :D I had to use the weird KR250 Tanden Twin body lines that were given to me.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

heres a "before" shot

StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

pepsi wrote: Image
Love it. The graphics and the mix of parts from other models make you wonder if it's a factory model or a special. Nicely done. =D>
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

StrokerBoy wrote:
pepsi wrote: Image
Love it. The graphics and the mix of parts from other models make you wonder if it's a factory model or a special. Nicely done. =D>
thanks I tried very very hard to make a "is that a factory Kawi?" head scratch happen. It looks better I think in person and at different angles. I guess with no formal graphic's training its the best I could do. Got a lot of headaches trying . :?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I do not want to make a big deal out of this, you are happy and that is all that matters :wink:
pepsi wrote: for instance if you look at a KR1S C3 its got stripes and lines going all over the place. I still love it though :D
just to explain myself, I'll use the example you have given here :

the graphics seem weird and all over the place, but they aren't.
the 2 blue triangles seem "just thrown on it" but their lines make sence : both folow the line of the green (on top and bottom) and are paralel to each other in the middle
the lines of the coloured parts folow up (fairing and rest of the bike), even if there is an interuption in between tank/side panels and fairing, and also the interuption is paralel.
the white on top of the tank is followed up in the top fairing.

if you study it, you'll see it is well thought through and all standard biks are like that : what might seem odd always corresponds with another line somewhere else :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

Post by pepsi »

JanBros wrote:I do not want to make a big deal out of this, you are happy and that is all that matters :wink:
pepsi wrote: for instance if you look at a KR1S C3 its got stripes and lines going all over the place. I still love it though :D
just to explain myself, I'll use the example you have given here :

the graphics seem weird and all over the place, but they aren't.
the 2 blue triangles seem "just thrown on it" but their lines make sence : both folow the line of the green (on top and bottom) and are paralel to each other in the middle
the lines of the coloured parts folow up (fairing and rest of the bike), even if there is an interuption in between tank/side panels and fairing, and also the interuption is paralel.
the white on top of the tank is followed up in the top fairing.

if you study it, you'll see it is well thought through and all standard biks are like that : what might seem odd always corresponds with another line somewhere else :wink:
you nailed it! :mrgreen: