My next one, maybe

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Gerrit
Heavy Smoker

Re: My next one, maybe

Post by Gerrit »

The phone number is a US one so apparently JMC is now based in the US. Presumably the person(s) running JMC has/have emigrated.
"Mine is a long and sad tale", said the mouse.
"Indeed it is", said Alice, looking at the mouse's tail.
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

Coming along nicely..
Far play..
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Well it feels like a bit of a pointless update without any pics, but found out today the stator is kn####ed, no reading between red/black/white, and just one coil is reading on the alternator, so looking for a new one or good s/h spare if anyone has anything.

otherwise it's a rewind, electrexsworld, or just seen this if anyone seen/used before?? (link below)

Although just done some searching, and might look for a TZR item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stator-Altern ... 0033.m2042
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Done a little more work on this now, decided to have a go and fitted an R6 shock, got the non running issues sorted, need to do some bodywork, find some panels and get it sprayed up.

Basically wanted to see if the photo####et fix worked, as wasn't expecting it to for some reason, so we'll have to see how long it lasts. Think you still need an account to see any photos.

Will try another host and put some newer pics up.
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

Can see your old pics now anyway mate..
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

SP_BOTT wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 pm Done a little more work on this now, decided to have a go and fitted an R6 shock, got the non running issues sorted, need to do some bodywork, find some panels and get it sprayed up.

Basically wanted to see if the photo####et fix worked, as wasn't expecting it to for some reason, so we'll have to see how long it lasts. Think you still need an account to see any photos.

Will try another host and put some newer pics up.
Did you use the Tzr stator.?
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Sorry missed you question, no I didn't try the TZR stator, ripped one off another engine and used that. Got to start swapping bits back to see whats good or bad from my spares. Pick-up was my main suspect, as several of them had rather large gaps to the flywheel even though they are non adjustable?.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Done a few more bits to the bike now, swapped the shock and fitted a nice R6 one, not fitting an airbox, so no need to worry about modifying that either. Also after a bit of a faff, finally got it running. Now to see if photobucket is working again......

Bought a cheap LED headlight, and got a small flyscreen to try and protect the wiring etc, on the back of the clocks, need to finalise some sort of paint scheme now.

Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

That’s looking tasty, even your dog has his tongue out! Whats with the cling film on the headlight. Will the LED bulb pass the latest Mot directives?
Those Lomas pipes loik the business

Steve
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

you have a considerable pocket of trapped air in the hose from pump to rad.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

The clingfilm is how it arrived in the box, (light protection from scratches) also not sure it will pass an MOT, dip is a bit poor, but high is quite a strong beam, and fairly focussed.

Always queeze the coolant pipes when filling so hopefully no airlocks,- been ok so far on the few heat cycles I've done.

Now awaiting my new chain and front sprocket, and got to sort the rear plate mounts, as someones chopped the rear muddy down.