The Hybrid

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

zxr400L models need the stem swapped..but zxr400h are a straight swap...but i never seem to see em on fleabay..only L models... :evil:
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

mr_bungholeo wrote:zxr400L models need the stem swapped..but zxr400h are a straight swap...but i never seem to see em on fleabay..only L models... :evil:
Nope both L and H models require the stem swap. The L uses bigger disc's though 310mm as opposed to the KR 300mm which are fitted to the H model.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

corky wrote:still after a rear dymag 4.5 are rare as hens teeth and fetch good prices..
the zxr400 sp are the ones to get with zxr250 yokes as you dont need to swap the stem..gonna get my front forks rebuilt (zxr400l) and i think the elf or someone got the bottom adjusters fitted to std forks and a cartridge kit..
Strangeengine got his done by maxton and thought they were awesome!!!
The rear 4.5" dymag I've got was bought brand new as an RGV rear. It can then either be adapted to fit the KR rear end or bolted straight in to an RGV swinger.

Yep I got compression adjusters fitted to the fork bottom as well as a One off Ohlins cartridge kit. The are an awsome front end as well.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

the-elf wrote:
mr_bungholeo wrote:zxr400L models need the stem swapped..but zxr400h are a straight swap...but i never seem to see em on fleabay..only L models... :evil:
Nope both L and H models require the stem swap. The L uses bigger disc's though 310mm as opposed to the KR 300mm which are fitted to the H model.
True, but I believe you can use the h yoke with a spacer fitted under the bottom bearing, like the lc boys do when fitting rgv front ends
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

corky wrote:still after a rear dymag 4.5 are rare as hens teeth and fetch good prices..
the zxr400 sp are the ones to get with zxr250 yokes as you dont need to swap the stem..gonna get my front forks rebuilt (zxr400l) and i think the elf or someone got the bottom adjusters fitted to std forks and a cartridge kit..
Strangeengine got his done by maxton and thought they were awesome!!!
The rear 4.5" dymag I've got was bought brand new as an RGV rear. It can then either be adapted to fit the KR rear end or bolted straight in to an RGV swinger.

Yep I got compression adjusters fitted to the fork bottom as well as a One off Ohlins cartridge kit. The are an awsome front end as well.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Red Devil 777 wrote:
the-elf wrote:
True, but I believe you can use the h yoke with a spacer fitted under the bottom bearing, like the lc boys do when fitting rgv front ends
May be as the H model stem is the same as a KR but just longer. Anyway its easier to just swap the stem, which takes 5 minites with a press.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

so the zxr250 yokes are a bolt on, with 400 ''h'' forks? sounds nice and simple, the tricky bit is finding yokes then i guess? i think i saw somewere that 400 yokes fit with a spacer aswell because of the longer stem. are the zxr250 forks much cop ie adjustable like those on the 400 sp?
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

the-elf wrote:May be as the H model stem is the same as a KR but just longer. Anyway its easier to just swap the stem, which takes 5 minites with a press.
Agree 100%, but not everyone has access to the required tools (myself included :lol: ) And it's not always easy to get someone to do it for you and the spacers are easily available (links engineering/ebay etc) So for anyone who wants/needs to go down the bolt on route it's just an option.

To be honest I wished I'd known what you could and couldn't do with the various zxr bits and models before I purchased one of everything at some time :mrgreen:

Anyway if I knew what I know now........ :mrgreen: I'm of to ebay to look for a zxr636 front :mrgreen:

Zxr 250a yokes with h legs isn't a straight bolt in either, cos if you want to use the 3 spoke zxr wheel you'll need to possibly adapt the spindle as The centres on the 250 are closer than on the 400 and if you want to use a 1s 5 spoke you've got to sort the spindle out, as the hole in the fork legs is for a 20mm spindle and the kr uses a 17mm one and I'm pretty certain you can't do it by a bearing swap.
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

with the zxr400l forks and tokico calipers i used 310mm discs,
but with the zxr400l forks,nissin calipers i use 300mm discs..
anyone want to buy 4x310mm discs?
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

[quote="Red Devil 777Anyway if I knew what I know now........ :mrgreen: I'm of to ebay to look for a zxr636 front :mrgreen:

[\quote]

Not a bad choice at all. And fully adjustable with radial calipers as standard
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

[quote="Red Devil 777Anyway if I knew what I know now........ :mrgreen: I'm of to ebay to look for a zxr636 front :mrgreen:

[\quote]

Not a bad choice at all. And fully adjustable with radial calipers as standard
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

a set sold on ebay recently for hundred quid, 26 miles away in grimsby aswell! doh ](*,)
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

What yokes would you need to use with the ZXR636 fork legs on a KR1 ..... ZXR250 perhaps?
And what size discs would you need to run with them?
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

ScottaKR wrote:What yokes would you need to use with the ZXR636 fork legs on a KR1 ..... ZXR250 perhaps?
And what size discs would you need to run with them?
I'll tell you when I've bought every bit going, could be sometime next year, then again it may not :mrgreen:

I'd hazzard a guess at zxr250c yokes, but that's all it is.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

if anyones wanting to shift a usd front end that will go on a kr let me know as i will be after one in a few weeks, getting my trick shock first!! was trying to avoid a usd f/end in favour of a fzr rrsp but the fork diameters are diffrent anyway(thought they were the same as kr) and i hear nothing but good things about the zxr setup. looks good an'all