f3 valves

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
slashing
Heavy Smoker

f3 valves

Post by slashing »

I have just brought my self a holand import c3 kr1s is it worth fitting f3 valves is there much improvement on performance?
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: f3 valves

Post by Luders »

no
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

if you change nothing else , you can only fit them on the outside on the resonator side. the ones on the inside would turn the wrong way.

It can be done though, as I've done it, but it involves a bit of work and making new pulleys and links and swapping over some electrical wires. but don't thinck you'll have a rocketship afterwards. it probably gives minor improvement, but next time it would be one of the last things on my improvement list.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=11qixpi ... 3k6C-7Vph4
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7690&hilit=how+to+set+up+F3+valves
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Mouser
Heavy Smoker

Post by Mouser »

Hi,

Just about to fit my F3 valves.
Just to be sure the way they do fit (right/left).

Am I right that the valves come like they are in the image http://www.bdkraceeng.co.uk/Images/valv ... 1%20F3.jpg.

The open side to the outer side and the bottom of the valve opening incline upwards toward the front (hope you see what I mean.)

I fitted them switched the other way roung right/left that in the image and it maked more sense to me..

Thanks
Mouser
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

when you look at the image, you have to remember that when you look at the 2 bigger F3 valves, you look at their front side, and that you look at the back of the cylinders.
so the valve on the right goes in the right cylinder, but turned 180°. you have to fit them so that the closed part of the valve goes on the resonator side, so it can open and close the chamber.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Mouser
Heavy Smoker

Post by Mouser »

Ok, thanks JanBRos,

fits :), and works :), motor semms to have a bit more power under 5000 rpm!

Thanks
Mouser