royal mail delivering profit instead of parcels

Get it off your chest HERE
Brutal Delux
Smoker

royal mail delivering profit instead of parcels

Post by Brutal Delux » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:03 am

After a note through my door on Saturday i went to pay the import duty and collect my postal packet from the royal mail sorting office only to be hit with royal mail handling fees on top of import duty? while i offered to pay import duty i refused to pay the handling fee believing it was a scam so they returned my postal packet to sender

with a bee in my bonnet i trawled the legislation.gov.uk website and found the most up to date version of postal service act 2000 and discovered some interesting legislation,

under section 104 inviolability of mail subsection (1) applies to (a) a postal packet and subsection (2) anything to which subsection 1 applies shall have immunity from (d) retention by virtue of a lien as it would have if it were property of the crown.

Yup! sounds like Greek to me too but bear with me, the dictionary definition of inviolability is; "in law that which must not or cannot be transgressed, dishonoured or broken, to be kept sacred" and a lien is defined as; "a right to retain possession of another's property pending discharge of a debt"

so in short, by law the royal mail cannot retain a postal packet even if they say you owe them money, the "Royal Mail" by order of the queen must be delivered, it's sacred immune to any right to retain it untill a debt is paid , any debt attached to delivery is a civil matter and by law must be perused in a civil court, after delivery. its the law. but that's not the best bit

under section 83 interfering with mail, subsection (1) "a person who is engaged in the business of a postal operator COMMITS AN OFFENCE if, contrary to his duty and without reasonable excuse, he (a) intentionally DELAYS or opens a postal packet in the course of its transmission by post"

( i think refusing to hand it over untill you give them money constitutes intentionally delaying a postal packed in the course of its transmission by post but i could be wrong)

subsection (6) a person who COMMITS AN OFFENCE under subsection (1) shall be liable (a) on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or both.

so after extensive detective work and uncovering this nationwide racketeering syndicate i went to the police to expose these international criminals but guess what, the police didn't have any fixed penalty notices for international corporate criminals and threatened to arrest me if i didn't leave the station.
whats the moral? i don't know but it seems the police arent interested in offences that require real police work if it cant be dealt with by means of a fixed penalty notice, but i could be wrong

has any one else had similar experiences?
Last edited by Brutal Delux on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not superman but i can be a bit of a kent

Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Re: royal mail delivering profit instead of parcels

Post by Top-shaggy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

Import duty - yes
Royal Mail handling fees - yes

Challenging them in court.. Erm.. No
But I would absolutely love to see the video of you pointing all this international racketeering out to Mr policeman at the station :o)

Very interesting legislation you have found. If I read it correctly (and it's clearly not April 1st)
Then its an even more disgusting situation than the rip off I thought it was!

Presume no other acts of parliament / legal precedents or case law to back up ?
Must be an MP who would like to raise or would represent stuff like this?

Nooooo even better... Can you make it onto Watchdog or Rogue Traders..
That would be funny .. Especially a re-enactment of Mr Policeman telling you to leave the station.

Go on.. You must treat us to the next episode ?
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..

Brutal Delux
Smoker

Post by Brutal Delux » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 pm

The worst part is, i had the parcel in my hand, the woman fetched the parcel from behind the counter, placed it on the counter in front of me with the security window open ready to pass it to me after i had paid saying "here's your parcel" so i grabbed it and said "my parcel? thanks", then she said "no no no" so like a fool, i gave it back, it was in my fecking hand!!!

anyway, I've contacted the seller, explaining the situation and they've been pretty understanding, they can tell from the tracking information that the parcel is on its way back to them so they've sent another one straight away and haven't charged me again for postage so there definitely will be a part two.

The problem i have with royal mail is that paying my import duty on my behalf is a service they offer for my convenience and a fee and if i'd asked them to do it i wouldn't have a problem but i didn't and by paying the fee even under protest i am entering a contract and thereby agreeing to their terms and conditions and their fee's even though the tactics to get me to pay are illegal

disputing this £8 handling fee has already cost over £6 in phone calls to royal mail customer services to complain (i know, but principles get me every time) so the only avenue left is to pay the charges, collect my parcel and bring a private prosecution against the individual postal worker who takes the payment if they will give me their name

So i have a dilemma, do i pursue a private prosecution against some hapless fool getting paid minimum wage in the hope it will set a president that sends shock-waves through the royal mail making other postal workers think twice before screwing the public in service to their corrupt globalist masters and in turn expose corrupt police turning a blind eye to crimes committed against the very public they are sworn to serve, trigger a global awakening that could change the world or do i just accept its futile, pay the fee go home, have a cuppa tea and calm myself down

Brutal Delux
Smoker

Post by Brutal Delux » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:11 pm

rgvsean
Oil Injector

Post by rgvsean » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:51 am

You need to read section 105:

>>>>>>>>105 Application of customs and excise enactments to certain postal packets.

(1)Subject as follows, the enactments for the time being in force in relation to customs or excise shall apply in relation to goods contained in postal packets to which this section applies which are brought into or sent out of the United Kingdom by post from or to any place outside the United Kingdom as they apply in relation to goods otherwise imported, exported or removed into or out of the United Kingdom from or to any such place.
(2)The Treasury, on the recommendation of the Commissioners of Customs and Excise and the Secretary of State, may make regulations for—
(a)specifying the postal packets to which this section applies,
(b)making modifications or exceptions in the application of the enactments mentioned in subsection (1) to such packets,
(c)enabling persons engaged in the business of a postal operator to perform for the purposes of those enactments and otherwise all or any of the duties of the importer, exporter or person removing the goods,
(d)carrying into effect any arrangement with the government or postal administration of any country or territory outside the United Kingdom with respect to foreign postal packets,
(e)securing the observance of the enactments mentioned in subsection (1),
(f)without prejudice to any liability of any person under those enactments, punishing any contravention of the regulations.
[b](3)Duties (whether of customs or excise) charged on imported goods or other charges payable in respect of postal packets to which this section applies (whether payable to a postal operator or to a foreign administration) may be recovered by the postal operator concerned and in England and Wales and Northern Ireland may be so recovered as a civil debt due to him.[/b]
(4)In any proceedings for the recovery of any charges payable as mentioned in subsection (3), a certificate of the postal operator concerned of the amount of the charges shall be evidence (and, in Scotland, sufficient evidence) of that fact.
(5)In this section “foreign postal packet” means any postal packet either posted in the United Kingdom and sent to a place outside the United Kingdom, or posted in a place outside the United Kingdom and sent to a place within the United Kingdom, or in transit through the United Kingdom to a place outside the United Kingdom.<<<<<

In general add 30% to any advertised price you plan to pay for imported goods to the UK.

StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:03 am

Brutal Delux wrote:So i have a dilemma, do i pursue a private prosecution against some hapless fool getting paid minimum wage in the hope it will set a president that sends shock-waves through the royal mail making other postal workers think twice before screwing the public in service to their corrupt globalist masters and in turn expose corrupt police turning a blind eye to crimes committed against the very public they are sworn to serve, trigger a global awakening that could change the world
Well, you could do, but in all likelyhood you'll just send yourself mental doing so, and cost yourself a fortune at the same time. And if you did win, that would be a kick in the balls to the Royal Mail, who - for all their faults - are still a billion times better than all of the lazy, incompetent, selfish and borderline-criminal courier companies that are increasingly trying to take their place.

We've all sworn at the poor sod handing our box over the counter at a Parcelforce office, but once you've had to spend 2 hours on a robotised phone line then take a day off work to drive 80 miles and back to a "local" courier depot to collect a package that some knuckle-dragger has squashed half-flat and spilled his coffee on and was paid to bring to you, you realise it could be a lot worse.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.

Brutal Delux
Smoker

Post by Brutal Delux » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:07 pm

yeah, it could be a lot worse, i just take exception to being held over a barrel as it's usually a prelude to being ass raped and i think its fair to say that although some people can accept being ass raped as par for the course, just the potential for it always brings out the worst in me

Brutal Delux
Smoker

Post by Brutal Delux » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 pm

update, had a missed delivery note for my re-sent international postal packet today. went to the sorting office to collect it with my id and whist refusing to make eye contact they very humbly handed over my parcel that was sporting a slightly de laminated box where what looked like a sticky label had been pealed off, they didn't ask for any payment or even a signature. not sure why and thought it best not to ask but they looked really relieved when i just said thanks and turned to leave.

pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Maybe the manager at your post office looks at this website :)