DP F250 Mallory 27 May

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
mj43
Premix Junkie

DP F250 Mallory 27 May

Post by mj43 »

Words for the programme and the entry so far

Having had a fortnight to dry out after a very wet meeting at Cadwell all riders will be looking forward to some dry racing. With an excellent entry expect to see some exciting racing right through the field.

Through consistency, preparation, a thoroughly professional approach and also a pinch of very good riding, Alan Armour #4 (RGV) is beginning to stamp his authority on the championship. With a 100% record it is difficult to see how any of the others are going to catch him. With the F250 almost in the bag, Alan’s attention is very much focused on keeping his F400 title and his focus has to be to beat Paul Ellerker #37 (ZXR) – expect to see these two engaged in what is almost a private battle.

Though Alan has an almost unassailable lead in the championship he won’t have an easy time. Our three experienced newcomers to the series, Dan Williams #174 (NSR), Steve Pond #173 (RGV) and Roy Thorpe #362 (NSR) are coming up to speed. The two h***a mounted riders, Dan and Roy, seem to have eliminated the gremlins that plagued them in the early part of the season and Roy was flying on a very sweet sounding machine at Cadwell. With this being the first season the h***a’s have been raced competitively in the F250, both riders are still in the process of developing their machines. Expect these two to get quicker as the season progresses. Unfortunately, Steve Pond missed Cadwell, as his race van was stolen and burnt out just before the meeting, so this will be his second outing in the F250. Expect to see this seasoned racer, who had some very good results with the North Gloucester club last year, near the front.

Our Scottish racer Iain McDonald #226 (Aprilia) racing on what is effectively a standard machine, has his work cut out keeping with the faster machines. Iain suffered at Cadwell with a slipping clutch, but expect both him and Ross Searle #52 (Aprilia) who is currently second in the championship to be up front flying the Aprilia flag.

Mark Jordan #96 (KR-1S) following his fall, whilst leading, last time out at Mallory was definitely off the pace at Cadwell. With a further two weeks to recover he should hopefully be back up to speed.

With our previous Mallory meeting being the first time, John Stacey #120 (NSR), Dave Reynolds #77 (Aprilia) and Scott Mills #180 (KR-1S) raced they will be looking to see how they improve at what will be their second race meeting. Joining them for their first outing in the F250 will be novices Mark Foulds #106 (RGV) and Martin Pascoe #88 (Aprilia). Mark is riding Chris Smith’s old RGV.

The battle for Division II of the F250 is between Dino Brady #85, Matthew Graves and Mark Bamford (all RGV). Mark lost his lead in Division II at Cadwell when a piston broke on the Saturday. He got out on the Sunday using his spare engine but by then Dino and Matthew had stolen the lead and both now have a 10 point advantage over Mark. Expect to see Scott Mills, Dave Reynolds and our irregular regulars, Nigel Holmes #149 (RGV) and Alan Grindey #157 (KR-1S) up their stealing points in the Division II battle.

37 PAUL ELLERKER EASINGWOLD KAWASAKI ZXR 400
4 ALAN ARMOUR HUMBERSTON SUZUKI RGV 250
400 DEAN DICKINSON SCUNTHORPE YAMAHA FZR 400
41 RUSS BATES DONCASTER KAWASAKI ZXR 400
175 THOMAS FISHER LAMBLEY h***a VFR 400 N
52 ROSS SEARLE AYLESBURY APRILIA RS 250
24 STEPHEN CHURCHYARD NORWICH KAWASAKI ZXR 400
96 MARK JORDAN STOCKTON KAWASAKI KR1S 250
53 CHRIS WATERS LOUTH KAWASAKI ZXR 400
66 RICK OWEN LINCOLN KAWASAKI ZXR 400
172 TIM BRADLEY SHIPSTON-ON-STOUR h***a 400
226 IAIN McDONALD EAST KILBRIDE APRILIA RS 250
132 FAYE WHITTAKER NORTHAMPTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400
85 DINO BRADY MORECAMBE SUZUKI RGV 250 N
86 CHRIS SMITH FILLONGLEY KAWASAKI ZXR 400
157 ALAN GRINDEY KENDAL KAWASAKI KR1S 250
149 NIGEL HOLMES CLEE HILL SUZUKI RGV 250
173 STEVE POND TETBURY SUZUKI RGV 250
180 SCOTT MILLS COTGRAVE KAWASAKI KR1S 250
88 MARTIN PASCOE EDMONTON APRILIA RS 250 N
174 DAN WILLIAMS SUTTON COLDFIELD h***a NSR250
146 PAUL TEASDALE HEDDON-ON-THE-WALL KAWASAKI ZXR 400
120 JOHN STACEY CODNOR h***a NSR 250 N
106 MARK FOULDS HUCKNALL SUZUKI RGV 250 N
362 ROY THORPE POYNTON h***a NSR 250
240 ROBERT MACK BARNSLEY YAMAHA FZR 400
241 DANIEL MACK BARNSLEY YAMAHA FZR 400
77 DAVID REYNOLDS DUDLEY APRILIA RS 250 N
97 DAVID WORRALL BLIDWORTH h***a 400 N

Noticed Mark Bamford and Matthew Graves not entered :head_hurts_kr:

Still a few places left if you fancy a go get in touch with John.

Also the Open 400 will have its own grid - I am entering as it gives me a chance to warm up prior to the F400/F250 race.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

thoroughly enjoyed cadwell, even if i was only spectating! seemed like the atmosphere was freindly, everyone looking out for each other etc. had my two sons with me, one of which is only 18mth old so they kept me on me toes, never had the youngest all day by mysel(aaaaarrrgh)!! was good to meet/watch you mark and everyone else i spoke to. will be at cadwell hopefully, toward end of the season, cant wait!! seemed to be a few kr1/s there. mark, you appeared to be smooth thru hall bends(when people didnt get in't way)! agree that roy thorpe's nsr sounded sweet, your bike also sounded good as it exited the hairpin, proper crisp two stroke sound. the kr1/s is by far the sweetist sounding bike on the f400/250 grid although roy thorpes bike aint far off. did you get my adress mark? ill send it in case, cheers matt
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

250s 1st and 2nd in F400 race

Never going to hear the end of it but a h***a won the first race

Brilliant ride by Roy Thorpe on the NSR who also won the second Open 400 !!!

He looked certain for a win in the 2nd F400 but Ross put three quick laps at the end to close a 60 yard gap and mugged Roy at the hairpin on the last lap.

Well done Ross first F250/F400 win (3rd first race 1st 2nd race)
Well done Roy first F250/F400 win and first time for a h***a (what is the world coming to....) (1st first race 2nd second race)

Me I sat out the second race and watched it from the commentators tower

Alan Armour was 3rd 250 both times and 4th each time in the F400

Conditions were Crap
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Awsome, im glad more 250's are getting in......

I wonder if we'll see the NSR-World racer or the F3 bike? or is it gona live on a dyno machine for ever??? :)

Think i might have to come and watch some of this OR hey maybe ill have a go next year on my £500 heap LOL :lol:

:roll: wonder what you need to do!!!
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)