My Racing Kr1

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Surely that means that currently its a differnet engine and frame to the Team Green bike that you bought? If so it aint the team Green Bike.......................................
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

barryj wrote:Surely that means that currently its a differnet engine and frame to the Team Green bike that you bought? If so it aint the team Green Bike.......................................
Why dont you ring Stan and ask him as you seem very concerned about me saying it's ex Team Green? My name is Lyndon Simons and my friend who brought it is Kenny Cronk. That would solve your obvious dilema. When race bikes get this old sometimes you need to replace certain items that get damaged, it is the original frame and forks now with the rest of it replaced as Ive gone along(highside at clearways caused a lot of damage)etc. Hope this helps you.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

like saying michael jackson is a white man, coz he's had surgery/illness but in fact as we all know he's born black with black partents, bad egsample i know but if the bike you started with was team green frame/motor/forks etc and due to accident/blow up/ routine maintenance diffrent parts are used then in my opinion its still ex team green, maybe not 100% in parts anymore but 100% in spirit, would consider a rep paintjopb in team green colour and get that motor tuned, voila! 100 team green again, almost! if restored, then has to be worth something, saying that its more intresting the fact its still been raced, im sure j.witham's rgv was sent to the crusher/local breakers a long time ago.
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

ballistic wrote:
barryj wrote:Surely that means that currently its a differnet engine and frame to the Team Green bike that you bought? If so it aint the team Green Bike.......................................
Why dont you ring Stan and ask him as you seem very concerned about me saying it's ex Team Green? My name is Lyndon Simons and my friend who brought it is Kenny Cronk. That would solve your obvious dilema. When race bikes get this old sometimes you need to replace certain items that get damaged, it is the original frame and forks now with the rest of it replaced as Ive gone along(highside at clearways caused a lot of damage)etc. Hope this helps you.
Chill my friend, I couldn't give a monkies if its team green or not I was just joining the "discussion" that sometimes might go in a direction that one person involved in it may not want it to hence "A discussion" I just think its stretching it if both the frame and engine are not from the original bike..............................but its only my "opinion".

I am sure the original bike was team green as you say, but you miss the point by suggesting I ring Stan and ask him. All you had to say was the bike is now back on its original frame (you did say that you bought a donnor bike and swapped it all).

You can tell its friday can't you :evil:
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

Here are some pictures.

This one is for Barryj :wink: . This is the bike in 1996 at its most Team Green in my first year out on it at Clearways. In this picture its still running am22/23's (cross ply).

This is it in its second year at Devils Elbow, Lydden. Now running RGV back wheel with modified suspension links with a kr1 front wheel with small brakes and an rs125 rear fitment kr364 (radial) 100 section front tyre and a 160 rear. This gave me 1 second a lap straight away.

This is 1998 when the bike was really flying.

Last edited by ballistic on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

ballistic wrote:Here are some pictures.

This one is for Barryj :wink: . This is the bike in 1996 at its most Team Green in my first year out on it at Clearways. In this picture its still running am22/23's (cross ply).
Which one of the bikes is that in the picture? :mrgreen: only ribbing you mate :D You are really going for it in that third picture.

You haven't still got that Rainey helmet have you? I am looking for one for my collection.
Last edited by barryj on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

barryj wrote:
ballistic wrote:
Chill my friend, I couldn't give a monkies if its team green or not I was just joining the "discussion" that sometimes might go in a direction that one person involved in it may not want it to hence "A discussion" I just think its stretching it if both the frame and engine are not from the original bike..............................but its only my "opinion".

I am sure the original bike was team green as you say, but you miss the point by suggesting I ring Stan and ask him. All you had to say was the bike is now back on its original frame (you did say that you bought a donnor bike and swapped it all).

You can tell its friday can't you :evil:
No worries but im not coming on here to be billy big bollox, i just wanted to tell you my story which is starting off again on Sunday ! Just feeling fragile.....
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

No, each time my helmet changes it means a crash happened and the marshalls scrape off the gold sticker and ask if you want to donate it to the kids that go to the circuits for fun so I used to give them all to them.... :D
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Not suggesting you are mate, I really enjoyed reading about your bike and the story; sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Still got the helmet......................................?
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

agree that pic no.3 you seem to be flying, talk about been ''reet over''! were you still running t/green engine in pic3? btw, i know what you mean about feeling fragile(if you meant slightly on edge!) im due to be at cadwell in sept (i think), first time for me though, good to see a few more kr's come out the woodwork.
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

does sound like trigger's broom(only fools n horses) but any kr1 runnin is a great sight...road or track...got my first ten years ago n still got it...!!!

:D :D :D

great pick too... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Most race bikes swap frames etc several times during their lives due to the odd little spill. It still just another swapable crash damagable item. My bike is on its second frame but it still feels like the same bike to me :lol: .
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

Sunday has been and gone. Here is what happened:

KR1 didnt miss a beat all day 8)

I entered a couple of extra races in the Open 400.

Race 1 - 400 Open
Grid of 22. I started 25th (not everyone finishes the race!) I came 17th - fastest lap was 58.69. Havent raced for 7 years so I started at the back and took my time. You dont want to make a mistake in your first race :lol:

Race 2 - Formula 400 (F400 & F250 are run as separate classes)

Grid of 22. I started in 20th and came 14th overall and 7th in F250 with a fastest lap time of 58.27. Started to remember the KR1 :evil:

Race 1 - 400 Open

Grid of 20 and started 17th (i think) and came 17th. Fastest lap tme 58.8.

Race 2 - Formula 400 (F400 & F250 are run as separate classes)

Grid of 21 started 14th and came 14th overall and 6th in the F250 class. Fastest lap time 59.06. The back tyre was finished. it was on its 6th day of racing.

Had the most fun I have had for a long time. Weather was 25 degrees plus!! Now I have raced the bike I want to change some stuff. We had to change tyre sizes as they dont make KR364's any more. Front tyres too big (pushes) and the back too small. Its melting the edge to the point of chunking.

Will stick a short vid up soon.
Cheers
Lyndon
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Sounds like you had a good, day, considering you had the wrong size tyres on and you havent raced for 7 years i think thats brill well done...

Sounds like you better come the the trackday in July and get some laps in on the bike, once you have made some changes LOL :lol: :roll: :twisted:
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

Youre talking about cadwell arent you.... thats a long way for a track day mate - would defo meet at snett if you are in Peterborough 8)