F117A spotted 8 miles west of Brighton

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
scooble
Premix Junkie

F117A spotted 8 miles west of Brighton

Post by scooble »

At last, I am going to get my project on the road this summer (if I don't get washed away first, should have built a jet ski!)
I loosely assmbled all the bodywork and pushed it outside. It is still very mucky with oily finger prints, dust and greasy bits still on it, but I hope you get the picture. It'll look nice when its shiny!

Going to work on putting a silver design over the top, but haven't decided what yet, think I might put a BIOHAZZARD sign on the tank :twisted:
Last edited by scooble on Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

that looks really good :shock:

bodywork works really well - like it was designed for the bike (whats it
off?)

being all black helps it all gel

well done 8)
Smokings Good For You
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

that's lookin' fooooookin' gorgous..........Tricia

cant wait to see it finished ...well done..

:) :) :) :)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Love it, think that looks absolutely spot on. Like the 'stealth' theme.
Are you going to do the rearsets black? They're Raask aren't they? How have you got them set up for the gear change linkage? I had a fair bit of fun trying to get them to be 1 down 5 up.
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling, that is the nicest looking example of s*x on two wheels I have seen in ages, totally gorgeous!!! By the way, my boring standard KR1 (Sleeping Beauty) has started 'coming together' at last. (pun intended)! with an absolute shed load of aquablasting & polishing, she's beginning to look pretty again, mind you though, apart from the above, she still remains a KR1 with full 1S upgrades. Finally Scooble, just a thought: I've got 'Sleeping Beauty' (for all the years she spent in dry storage) you could call yours 'Black Beauty; 'cos I'm sure she'll go like a bloody racehorse when she's completed!!!!!!!!!!!! Best regards, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Very Very Nice jees how come every-body's bike's finished, or nearly finished. :oops: :roll: .................Tell you what though forum members are setting High standards....... Does nobody bloody work. :lol:
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

very very nice.
be nice to see some pics of how you mounted the tank, seat and fairing.
have you got a colour scheme in mind?
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

very brave to go with matt finish but you've pulled it off, it looks very purposeful and well put together. plain colours are my preference as they seem to remain smart looking were as ''lairy graphics'' soon look dated unless done a certain way, look at some early 90's bikes! at the time they were ''in'' but now look cheap n tacky. is that a h***a rs seat unit? the whole bike looks lovely with a fair bit off engineering gone into it but still looks natural, like it was intended by the 4 nipponese factories, also like the subtle mods, thats what makes a ''special a ''special''. have you retained the kr rear hoop?
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

the seat is a h***a RS250, the subframe had to be cut back so that it doesn't show. The fairing is early Aprilia RS250 and the tank is VJ22 RGV250 as is the swing arm.
The fairing was pretty easy to fit, but I did use a cut down RS250 front fairing mount welded onto the KR front subframe.
The rear wheel is Aprila RS250 as is the rear caliper, pipes are Nikon and front end is ZXR400.
The inside of the fairing does touch the forks on full lock, so I will have to trim the plastic back, there are still a few nigling things to sort out, but I am pretty pleased with how the combination of five different bikes from four different manufacturers has come together.
Most of the mods have been done on this forum before, but not in this combination.
Its still going to be a bit of an ongoing long term project, ultimately, I would like to put a 510cc Banshee engine in it, that'll suprise a few RG500's!
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

NURSE!!!!! 8)
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Looks great. the seat looks a bit hard though :lol:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Looks really good... very Street Hawkish :)
kr1-s c2
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

did the cans fit the nikons outta the box? i like the silouette of the std kr shape but your bike looks very well excecuted and brings it up to date, very nice. any tuning?
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

the Arrow end cans don't fit the Nikon pipes out of the box, the tail pipes have 3 holes and the pipes have two. The engine is standard at the moment, but I do plan on fitting a set of 32mm Mikuni's at some point, but initially, I'll be concentrating on getting the handling sorted.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

dont blame ya as there pretty quick anyhow, are you giving it a full mot with lights or daytime mot? do you plan on a few trackdays, ive often wondered how the better running gear works compared to the std stuff. why not get the pwk 35s as there still availible then when you have engine work done they will compliment the motor nicely. if you go racing it will also remain in the rules. i plan on getting the pwk35 at some point to make the most of me motor as i think the std 28's are limiting when serious porting is undertaken although the power delivery feels very nice with em,very responsive. on a std motor i think 32mm is a good compromise between more top end zap and drive, also gonna get a c/r box made as i got word from elf there very reasonable (3/400 quid!). this will let more radical tuning take place aswell as making it easier to keep it on the boil! since using the(04 spec) team sparrow website i found my bike to be a lot quicker at the top aswell as having loads of grunt! if you have a pro do the work then graham file is yer man though he is a RACE tuner but he concentrates on grunt. if it goes as good as it looks then i predict many a red faced gsxr/r1/cbr/10r owner!! look forward to hearing how it goes at a quick pace!