Following on from...

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Keep going Allan! was talking to a friend of mine yesterday (also called Allan) he is 54 & I am 50 next year we tend to do trackdays together & visit the Nurburgring at least once a year, a friend of his said"you should pack that motorbike lark up at your age & take up golf" His answer was "I'll take that sort of sport up when i'm nearly f***ing dead :mrgreen: So my sugestion is get out there,build it then ride it! your only here once :lol:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Swigarm fits in width wise,, need to check if it's offset at all, I think it may be. If I do go ahead with it think it'll be using an nc30 shock and linkage with a modified frame mount, need to do research.

Worth carrying on with?
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

kawonda kfr250 come on down :D
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

Worth carrying on with?
bloody hell mark definitely 8) go well with your microns
Smokings Good For You
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Yeah I'd be very happy with it. Looks a bit harsh in white. ?? R6 shock ?. You wont listen ](*,) but finish that bike SZR arm ? & the black engine. Micron pipes. It doesn't need anything else to be a superb one off. Then you can see an end, otherwise your going to p%ss yourself off. Pick up if you don't already have, another frame & play with the vfr arm & lc engine at your leisure. There's A long winter coming I Might even raise my ass & make a single seat to go with it..........Alan. Paint looks A pro job bye the way.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Point taken Alan. Szr arm is going in the other one. Set up for that one.

Going to stick with the black engine in this one for the time being, but going to have a go with this swingarm, think it could look good with the gp pipes.

Will do an lc powered one later.... :lol:
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

awesome mate just awesome =D>

single sider works well, tho i reckon might be worth doing it to the LC powered KR u want to do. just cos i think the SZR swinger would be good to see :mrgreen:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

The front and rear looks ace!
I think a bkini fairing and small seat would also look good on it too.
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

=D> ...got to do that nc30 backend now...looks fookin ace mate,go for it.. :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

looks spot on Mark................be criminal not to see it thru t end....... 8)
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
roy

Post by roy »

that is looking really good,an inspiring modification.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

even with the heavier arm that comes with all s/side swingers i still reckon we can be lighter than the vj22 in race/track trim!! i love the h***a rs 250, some carefully selected bodywork would be lovely. maybe one kr based around std bodywork shape and this beauty, with full tz or rs clothing, pref early to mid 90's as the later style of gp 250'/125's is more bulbous? still lovely but to me early 90's tz or indeed rs shouts proper racing bike, the way i remember them at cadwell and the manx gp as a kid.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Thanks for the comments fellas, appreciated. Quick play with it so far, does look like it's offset to the left by quite a distance, so it looks like removing some material from the righthand side then add a spacer to the left.

But h***a being h***a, have fitted 2 bearings side by side on the righthand side so all is not lost.

Sourced some steel tubing that looks like it will sleeve the internal spacer down from 20mm to 17mm without having to do any machining so I can use the kr1 spindle no probs. (this would be ideal for fitting a 1s swinger into a 1 frame, or rgv etc etc,) Had to buy a couple of metres so if it works and anyone wants some...... :lol:

Got a shock and linkage for not alot, want that so I know what is std on them, if it's any good might get it rebuilt or can see if the r6 one I've got for it is going to go in.

Off on holiday in the morning, do you think I can get away with taking the arm as hand luggage so I can carry on with it? :lol:
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Am I a masochist? Ok, after much thinking and pissing about with parts I've worked out that this is not the easiest conversion and if I was doing it again, er, I wouldn't :oops: :lol:

However, I do like the look of it so bollox to it, I'm going to go for it.

Main findings are, the swingarm as such isn't offset, but the linkages points and shock mount and the 'hole' for the shock are, to the left by quite a bit.

This makes it a bit difficult to utilise any any of the kr mounting points also, there's not a cat in hells chance of fitting the KR linkage with a modded h***a mount.

So, one nc30 frame and a hacksaw and I've liberated the bottom linkage mount of the h***a frame :shock: So this is going to have to be welded into the kr frame.

Still working on the top mount, Nc30 holds it's shock very upright, looks like the battery box is destined for the bin, battery to underseat?

Pics to follow, suggestions appreciated :lol: :lol:
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

How about a small lithium ion 12v battery?

This one is for a camera but I cant see why you couldnt get one to work?
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams