Following on from...

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

636 front in and sorted :lol:

Got the spacer and modded speedo drive back tonight, and amazingly it's all worked to plan

KR1 discs work with the b1h legs ok, use c1h with 300mm discs or spacers on caliper mounts. Speedo cable is going to be fitted under caliper mount and loop up, should work ok, might need a longer cable, will try a std one first (will have to 'borrow' the one of my other one!)

Wheel is zx6r early, same as zxr400 but cheaper. :lol:

So do I splash out on another kr1 prolite or has anyone got a pair of very good kr1 discs for sale?

Now I need to take it all apart to paint the fork leg bottoms matt black to match the calipers (that's why I got gixxer ones rather than the gold zx6r ones)

Ok, on to the back end now, still thinking of an nc30 one. And I must admit I'm having thoughts of sticking a 421 cub Yam engine in it.........
sacrilige or not??
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Or I could just stick an engine in it.........
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Excellent again. Looks properer =D> . I've got the nc30 swinger so I'll have to have the 636 forks :roll:. If you use nc30 arm would you change the front wheel to 1s to match the rear nc30 wheel :?: . Don't know if it's common knowledge but there is a 17" rear wheel available for the nc30...........I'm sick of writing , "nc30" now....Alan.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

alanw wrote:Excellent again. Looks properer =D> . I've got the nc30 swinger so I'll have to have the 636 forks :roll:. If you use nc30 arm would you change the front wheel to 1s to match the rear nc30 wheel :?: . Don't know if it's common knowledge but there is a 17" rear wheel available for the nc30...........I'm sick of writing , "nc30" now....Alan.
Bros 3 spoker or Ducati 3 spoker, me thinks, don't want to swap all this now! Nc35 17'' incher or rc36 vfr750 5 spoke.............or go friggin mental, Dymag 3 spoke for single sider (pair 'bout £1200 :shock: ) decisions decisions :lol:
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Do all of them fit the hub, ??? or will you enter another world of pain & make a converter ring. :shock: Cause you seem to like a bit of savage amusement :lol: Alan.

Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

alanw wrote:Do all of them fit the hub, ??? or will you enter another world of pain & make a converter ring. :shock: Cause you seem to like a bit of savage amusement :lol: Alan.
I believe they can fit, I'll just buy them and get them made to fit after I've spent hours thinking it out.

What's the point of easy, some daft bugger has got to buy all these bits and try them :lol:
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hey Red,
Looks good mate, but couldn't help noticeing that youve got the calipers on the wrong side. :lol:
Not that it should matter much at this stage, it just caught my eye is all. :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

Jesus mark, the green kr stops like its hit a wall,
I cant imagine how that buggers gonna stop with radials on it :shock:

Just a thought, i dont know what the dimensions are or how it would square up to a kr
but if your going for a single sider it might be worth looking at the Daytona 955 back end.
It has a 3 spoke magnesium 190 section wheel that wieghs next to nothing.
I think you can pick em for not a lot aswell.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Red Devil 777 wrote: 421 cub Yam engine in it.........
sacrilige or not??
Do it do it do it - 100bhp x 130kg = rocketship!

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

ScottaKR wrote:Hey Red,
Looks good mate, but couldn't help noticeing that youve got the calipers on the wrong side. :lol:
Not that it should matter much at this stage, it just caught my eye is all. :mrgreen:
ah you spotted the deliberate mistake :oops: (He lies quickly through his teeth)

Ok, I just lobbed them on wanted to check the disc alignment :lol:
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

col wrote:Jesus mark, the green kr stops like its hit a wall,
I cant imagine how that buggers gonna stop with radials on it :shock:

Just a thought, i dont know what the dimensions are or how it would square up to a kr
but if your going for a single sider it might be worth looking at the Daytona 955 back end.
It has a 3 spoke magnesium 190 section wheel that wieghs next to nothing.
I think you can pick em for not a lot aswell.
Been checking them out as well, I've no idea as yet. Suppose if it all becomes a pain I can stick the szr one in this bike and stick the single sider in the green one, cos that's got the 5 spoke front, having said that I think I may now upgrade the green bike to 636 forks as well at some stage. I've pretty much got all the bits to do it.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Picked up an nc30 rear end today, swingarm, wheel hub etc, £40, well got 2 for the price of 1, also got an Aprillia af1 back end (same bits).

Looks quite promising, I think it's probably about 2mm too wide. If it was going in a 1s the spindle would be spot on I'm going to get a sleeve made 'cos this one is a 1 frame.

The bottom shock mount isn't far from the kr position, so could be quite easy, the only think is the holes don't have bearings in them so I'll get them opened out to take std kr linkage bearings. allin all looks a very easy swap, especially into a 1s.

The Aprillia one I got to 'play' with. They're made of steel for a start so welding any mods on is a piece of, Before anyone says it, yep sprocket on 'wrong' side, answer, turn it upside down. Looks like it's a 15mm spindle and about 210mm at pivot point, bet it'd go pretty much straight in a 350 ypvs, wish I'd not given away that 31k frame now!
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Your going to beat me to it ](*,) . So take plenty pics & measurements. I was going to polish it, but like yourself I like a bit of black. never seen a one painted any ! colour... Then again thought dark metallic grey frame swing arm & wheels with polished rims. Red/ grey fairing a la Frogs/Charles, Bobs your uncle !. Or something like the colour on the btm of your R6 forks. I've got tablets to stop me thinking, I think I'll go & take one. :lol: Saying all this I've lost all interest. Dark thoughts of packing in the bikes altogether.... Always bloody tired, weather / age ???
I dont know. Alan.

Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

bought a tank a couple of months ago from a guy who is building
a NC30/YPVS hybird (using NC30 rolling chassis) with GP stlye
pipes - will be lovely when its finished 8)

i guess the nc30 runnning gear is heavier but is a nicer looking bike than
the KR , and would make a nice special with a KR1s motor - not that i could ever complete one :)

think upgrading my KR1 to S spec wheels/forks is far as i'm likely
to get

anyway good luck - look forward to the pics
Smokings Good For You
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

alanw wrote:Your going to beat me to it ](*,) . So take plenty pics & measurements. I was going to polish it, but like yourself I like a bit of black. never seen a one painted any ! colour... Then again thought dark metallic grey frame swing arm & wheels with polished rims. Red/ grey fairing a la Frogs/Charles, Bobs your uncle !. Or something like the colour on the btm of your R6 forks. I've got tablets to stop me thinking, I think I'll go & take one. :lol: Saying all this I've lost all interest. Dark thoughts of packing in the bikes altogether.... Always bloody tired, weather / age ???
I dont know. Alan.
Alan, a month ago I was about to start listing bits of this on ebay cos I was that pissed off with progress or lack of it. It's amazing what some comments of peoplew on an internet forum can spur you on to. Your stuff is a cut above most, I can't wait to see the finished bike,don't let me down :lol: