My Latest Project....................

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
IanMack

My Latest Project....................

Post by IanMack »

Hi!!! Just bought a 1990 KR1S, thought i d say 'Hello' \:D/ and post a couple of pictures. I bought it from a guy in Scotland and it should be delivered this week (i hope!!) It was such a good price i bought it without looking at it and sent a courier firm upto collect it!! I wanted to use it immediatly but knowing me ill rebuild it first #-o I'll probably be asking loads of questions allready asked so excuse my ignorance :roll: The last photo is my on going Fireblade project :mrgreen:
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

hi ian

welcome to the forum \:D/ ride your bike now and do the rebuild in the winter

lee
2 strokes our way of life :-)
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Another member =D> .
Welcome aboard mate.
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Hi and welcome Ian....... :) :)

Dave.........'Harlequin Artwerx & Graffix'
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

hiya mate...welcome....nice n like the 92 blade...had a couple of em n the 92 was the maddest.... :D

wot did u pay for the kr..?
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

theres 2 types of kr1/1s when it comes to buying and the one you have just got looks a good un, dont blame you for wanting to do rebuild but i would ride it till winter as there far more reliable than you think/ or may have been led to believe. if the blades owt to go by then your kr wilkl be a cracker when you rebuilt it. any problems, just ask. the forums full of knowledgeable chaps who unlike certain other 250 forums enjoy giving sound FREE advice wether tuning tips or issue's with electrics/brakes/suspension/dustseal! theres always someone willing to help. the early blade is the one i lusted after as a young performance bike reading carl fogarty supporting oik who also would of given his left (un-dropped bollok) for a kr1 s/rgv or gsxr 1100. the blade was something special though when you saw it in the local bike showroom surrounded by ugly rf900's and cbr1000! a definet cult bike i reckon!!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

mgtkr1 wrote:unlike certain other 250 forums enjoy giving sound FREE advice
well...may cost u a pint... :lol:
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

lol, you know what i mean!!! cough cough co...NSR...ugh cough co...forum....ugh
IanMack

Post by IanMack »

Thanks very much for the welcome and kind words!! I paid £200 for the 1S, which even if it does need a rebuild i think is cheap. Ill have to wait till it arrives to know for sure. i ve added a link to the Pistonheads page where i saw and bought it. But it also cost me another £150 for the courier to collect and drop it off.
The guy seliing it seemed honest and sent me the paper work. It came with a few old MOTs, one which gave the mileage as 32,000!!!!! So thats the first bit of bad news!
The Fireblade in the photo will be up for sale soon, i ve got another one virtualy the same but with even more trick bits. They are great bikes and still even now draws a crowd!!The only reason i bought the KR was i needed a bike to go to work on, saw it, and a reliable hack went out the window, Doh!!!! I ve already spoken to Maxton, just want to get the forks and shock serviced (in the winter!!)
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/205840.htm
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Looks nice mate.... 32,000.... wow... thats 5,000 more than mine... =D>

Anyway... the advice here is brilliant... and is usually posted up about 5 mins after you ask the question...

As above... ride it for the last months of the summer... then start the rebuid when the weather turns crappy... thats what I did... (by the way, I bought mine in June 2005, so I'm glad I enjoyed it for a few months)

cheers

Nate
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

Must say, cant fault the forum, the guys here will help in any way they can, sounds like a good deal, even if you do end up rebuilding it, its still a cheap KR.

Enjoy =D> =D> =D>
Nice blade by the way..... :-$
This week I've mainly been in the garage!!!!
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

m8 you got a bargain £200 =D>
feckin ell 8)
2 strokes our way of life :-)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

wow, thats gotta be bargain of the year!! the body work appears to be in good nick and if a rebuild is on the cards the 32000mls is irelevant providing cases are good. loads of parts on ebay usually such as g/boxes, cases, and alsorts but unfortunatly barrels are rare, especially good uns. as you know tho, they can be repaired/replated etc. new ones are still availible at 6-700 pound so all is not lost ](*,) ](*,) !!!
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

frog32 wrote:m8 you got a bargain £200 =D>
feckin ell 8)

damn i am in the wrong area of the country #-o

i would use it for the last few months of the summer if i were you then you can bimble around and then you make a list of what needs doing to it, if you are looking to rebuild it over the winter....

as for reliability they are as sweet as a nut :mrgreen:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
IanMack

Post by IanMack »

Just spoke to the courier firm, there dropping it off on Monday morning. So it will be a check over then off to MOT!!! If i can i ll use it as is.
I dug out some magazines circa 1990, from when i was just taking my test, found some very interestng articles about the kr1s(shows you how long i ve been after one!!). This was when the 1S was just out and was winning everything in the production class, pre RGV. I feel old!!!! Also talks about modifying engines :mrgreen: