DIY programmable ignition

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

DIY programmable ignition

Post by JanBros »

I had a cheapisch chinese prog. igntion that worked for 1 year and then died. was looking at building one myself (you can find some on the net ) but they wer to complicated for me to understand. at one moment I decided to search in french (I always serched in egnlish), and bingo :!:

http://a110a.free.fr/SPIP172/article.ph ... rticle=142

had it working today (in a test setup). last problem to solve was that the coil from the moped's primary resistance was too small (almost none). after talking to a guy in the electronics-shop, I thought about this (he pointed me in that direction) and tried a coil from a ZZR600 (4ohm primary), and it works 8)

it's easy to built, cheap and easy to program, what's not to like :lol:

the 1GT101DC hall sensor is quite expensive though (about 50 euro, if you use the other type mentionned in the page it's much cheaper), but I found another oen almost identical at +/- half the price that works to http://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/electro ... et.pdf.pdf

just in case anybody else want's to built one. if you need help with the french, just ask ;-)

if one knows the arduino-stuff and the programming, should also be easy to make a controller for the KIPS.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Garry
Premix Junkie

Re: DIY programmable ignition

Post by Garry »

I like the way you always try to do things yourself Jan

If that article was in English i still wouldn't be able to understand it :lol:

Way above my head but a great idea
Smokings Good For You
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: DIY programmable ignition

Post by JanBros »

:mrgreen:

basicly :
you built the thing
you programe the arduino (just copy-paste "logiciel" = software)
in the software, there are 6 basic adjustments, of which 4 are simple settings that never need to change after and then you have 2 lines with numbers : rpm and degree.

one can set as many rpm-points as one whiches.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !