pick up exciter coil

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Garry
Premix Junkie

Re: pick up exciter coil

Post by Garry »

Bit of a long shot but you haven't got the horn connections mixed up with the coil connections have you.

As i recall they are both similar fixings (2 push on connectors) and located in the same area on the bike

KIPS motor not turning could be just down to over-tight cables

I would also re-check the fuses (visually) to make sure they are good

Good luck :P
Smokings Good For You
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

no gary--no mixed up wiring connectors--all was working ok on test run--parked it in garage --switched it off--two days later down to garage--switch on--no dash lights--horn works--headlamp on low beam only--tailights on with stops!!---no start--no sparks--4 idiot lights blown---no "pass" working either.
non function on kips motor only occurred when i fitted a spare S cdi to test spark out put(none)--original 1 cdi works kips motor on ignition switchon.
Replaced everything in ignition circuit(read ALL old long drawn out posts on my testing items)with the exception of replacement (tested good)cdi which i do not have.
In the process of changing Wiring loom in case of internal breakdown(as opposed to mine!!!) and adding more additional earth leads-THANKS BOZ---watch this space.
thanks for the post they all help.
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

This thread has all the characteristics of a sticky to help people in the future who are stuck with persistent leccy problems.
Steve
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

well steve you`re welcome to jump right in and contribute some theories as to how to cure it fella

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

hi boz-- i sent you a pm this morning, can you let me know if you got it?i`ve never sent one before and when i checked in the"pm sent" section it did not showmambe i did it wrong?
col

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Nosher,
The private messages only move into the sent box, when the recipient has read it, otherwise it stays in the outbox.
Good luck, hope you find the fault soon
(with the blown bulbs, I would think it was the regulator/rectifier, but I think when they go, they can also take out your cdi and tacho).
Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Thanks bernie the thought of a blown cdi has cheered me up a treat`specially as i know the reg/rec is still in spec so it aint that!!!
Thanks for the PM info mate.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

No Bernie--looked in the Outbox and its empty--looks like I F---ed up again.

Little progress on the lack of lighting----- today now have indicators front and back and the dash panel"turn" lights illuminate (rear push connectors corroded).
Kips motor works
Headlamp low beam only(bulb ok)
Horn works
No front brake light
Rear light works But with stops on as well!!
Gauges illuminated
Generator and exciter coils in spec
Pickup coil in spec.
NO IGNITION SPARKS.

Probably pull out the whole wiring loom over the weekend and replace with same recently bought on Ebay(got to be some bad break somewhere under all that tape wrapping on the loom--so I am unwrapping the entire loom before fitting it so at least I can see where all the connectors come from and go to--That wiring diagram only makes sense to a qualified electrician-or someone who can get his head around it--and that aint me fellas!!!.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

ok--so i`ve tested all the parts relevant to lighting and ignition--the lighting issues are a mystery to me as on testing, the same parts are not working, and an hour later doing the same test something else decides not to work!!!So just to eliminate the "operating bits"I swopped out both the left(first of all)switchgear and the right switchgear--all to no effect.so the next culprit for the lighting issues had to be the loom--so i wasted 2 hours trying to connect up the other loom alongside the established one but it all got confusing and too congested to make that work.so i removed the replacement loom--Labelled ALL the connectors and removed the original loom complete(sacrificing the plastic harness clips which NEVER come apart)i have copied the labelling to the replacement loom which i will fit in the next couple of days.
On the ignition side--again stator coils and pickup coil and ignition coil and ht leads tested as per the manual so i assume they are not the problem So the possibility of a non functioning CDI unit was always there---but GLORY HALLELUYAH PRAISE THE LORD(SORRY ABOUT THAT)I just tonight won the bidding on a guaranteed fully functional Kr1s cdi unit on Ebay which will be fitted as soon as i can rip it out of the postie`s hands.
If all these parts don`t get it going as before i`m gonna burn it to the ground.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
global2016
lurker

Post by global2016 »

artikel bagus
Salam anda Ini adalah situs konten dewasa https://nontonvidiobokep.com berharap kamu menyenangkan
global01
lurker

Post by global01 »

terima kasih untuk posting
Selamat datang teman ke situs web videobokepbaru.net semoga beruntung selamat hari
global02
lurker

Post by global02 »

terima kasih untuk posting
Selamat datang teman terbaik ke situs web downloadbokepgratis.net berharap kamu selamat hari
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

Was the problem ever solved.??
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

hi yes sorry been hospitalised for a while so not been on the forum since last post but yes problem solved.:-
bought cdi unit --no go
bought pulse gen coil from usa--no go
changed stator coils --no go
changed r/h switch gear--no go
changed diode--no go
changed rectifier--no go
changed fuse box--no go
changed sidestand switch--no go
made additional earth leads engine to rec etc--no go
bridged out clutch switch (broken)--no go

Bought wiring loom from Ebay and took all wrapping off so i could see where the wiring leads terminated(the manual wiring loom meant nothing to me)--made connections and ALL the lighting problems went away--every light and dash light worked as per !! JOY short lived--still no spark from ht leads--- in desperation(do NOT try this at home--30000volts hurts)------held on to bare plug lead and kicked over-- not even a tingle----dug through loft spares and found the original denso ignition coil i had changed out months before when all this started--fitted--a single kick and it burst into life but when running the r/h can was spraying copious amounts of oil every where(yea i know everyone keeps telling me the crank seals are gone)spent the next 8 hours every hour going down the garage and starting just to make sure it was not a fluke but sure enough every time was a single kick to start.
The main fault obviously was in the original loom because changing it out cured the lighting problems---the no ignition spark was down to a brand new ignition coil which i dismissed Because it was new(don`t ever assume an electrical item is not the cause just because it was recently purchased--ever heard of a manufacturing fault?)AND DON`T BUY A NEW COIL FROM "MERTABS" A COMPANY ON EBAY WHO REFUSED TO REPLACE A WILDLY OUT OF SPEC IGNITION COIL OR GIVE A REFUND FOR A DEFECTIVE ITEM,(Rant over)So a couple of days later it was time to re wrap the proven harness with self amalgamating tape and 5 minutes into the job--BANG--a pain explosion in my back collapsing me to the floor( my old Sciatica--google it--problem had returned)no walking away from this one as it took paramedics 2 hours plus morphine injections to get me on my feet but could not move one step--long story long--hospitalised for a week and sent home in the same pain with a bunch of painkillers(GOOD OLD NHS)--cannot walk down one stair(i`m on a walking frame)and there`s fifteen to the ground floor and the daily care team say it will be January before my feet feel the pavement- don`t even mention max 2 hours sleep at night.And i sick of swallowing painkillers.
SORRY ITS A LONG ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT AT LEAST EVERYONE`S IN THE PICTURE UP TO DATE-----and lastly a BIG BIG THANKYOU to DOUG BEACOCK--who spent weeks on and of emailing me over this problem and educating me into the mystery of a motorcycle CDI ignition system and without his guidance the bike would not be running now--THANKS A MILLION FELLA.
LASTLY--I refitted all my original electrical items switchgear and the original cdi unit which i thought was faulty etc and it still started 1 kick and ran perfectly with all lighting functions??????????????

A GOOD CHRISTMAS TO ALL MEMBERS ON THE FORUM.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

NOSHER wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm hi yes sorry been hospitalised for a while so not been on the forum since last post but yes problem solved.:-
bought cdi unit --no go
bought pulse gen coil from usa--no go
changed stator coils --no go
changed r/h switch gear--no go
changed diode--no go
changed rectifier--no go
changed fuse box--no go
changed sidestand switch--no go
made additional earth leads engine to rec etc--no go
bridged out clutch switch (broken)--no go

Bought wiring loom from Ebay and took all wrapping off so i could see where the wiring leads terminated(the manual wiring loom meant nothing to me)--made connections and ALL the lighting problems went away--every light and dash light worked as per !! JOY short lived--still no spark from ht leads--- in desperation(do NOT try this at home--30000volts hurts)------held on to bare plug lead and kicked over-- not even a tingle----dug through loft spares and found the original denso ignition coil i had changed out months before when all this started--fitted--a single kick and it burst into life but when running the r/h can was spraying copious amounts of oil every where(yea i know everyone keeps telling me the crank seals are gone)spent the next 8 hours every hour going down the garage and starting just to make sure it was not a fluke but sure enough every time was a single kick to start.
The main fault obviously was in the original loom because changing it out cured the lighting problems---the no ignition spark was down to a brand new ignition coil which i dismissed Because it was new(don`t ever assume an electrical item is not the cause just because it was recently purchased--ever heard of a manufacturing fault?)AND DON`T BUY A NEW COIL FROM "MERTABS" A COMPANY ON EBAY WHO REFUSED TO REPLACE A WILDLY OUT OF SPEC IGNITION COIL OR GIVE A REFUND FOR A DEFECTIVE ITEM,(Rant over)So a couple of days later it was time to re wrap the proven harness with self amalgamating tape and 5 minutes into the job--BANG--a pain explosion in my back collapsing me to the floor( my old Sciatica--google it--problem had returned)no walking away from this one as it took paramedics 2 hours plus morphine injections to get me on my feet but could not move one step--long story long--hospitalised for a week and sent home in the same pain with a bunch of painkillers(GOOD OLD NHS)--cannot walk down one stair(i`m on a walking frame)and there`s fifteen to the ground floor and the daily care team say it will be January before my feet feel the pavement- don`t even mention max 2 hours sleep at night.And i sick of swallowing painkillers.
SORRY ITS A LONG ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT AT LEAST EVERYONE`S IN THE PICTURE UP TO DATE-----and lastly a BIG BIG THANKYOU to DOUG BEACOCK--who spent weeks on and of emailing me over this problem and educating me into the mystery of a motorcycle CDI ignition system and without his guidance the bike would not be running now--THANKS A MILLION FELLA.
LASTLY--I refitted all my original electrical items switchgear and the original cdi unit which i thought was faulty etc and it still started 1 kick and ran perfectly with all lighting functions??????????????

A GOOD CHRISTMAS TO ALL MEMBERS ON THE FORUM.
Jeez, that was a rollercoaster read , I didnt see that ending coming up...look after yourself mate, I hope your fit n ready for a ride out on it come the Spring.