pick up exciter coil

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Re: pick up exciter coil

Post by NOSHER »

yes it was a bit long and drawn out but at my age you do tend to drivel on a bit prob something to do with swallowing all that 2 stroke smoke !!
hope i`m back on it before spring as well--got 3 other running bikes languishing in the garage.
thanks for the reply Pod.
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

First things first, get well soon..
Jeez, what a palava with the electrics..
Great to have someone to help who knows what their taking about..
Enjoy riding it when your back on your feet..
I"ll take the wine,you can have the bread.
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

hi--yes all that work time and expense by the asshole who supplied a defective ignition coil and who still after two months of un replied emails has finally sent a message saying its not their responsibility to replace or refund an item"not fit for purpose".
Thanks for your good wishes--if i could walk i`de be down the garage putting everything back together--pity i cant get the kri up into the flat!!!!!!!!!!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

A friend of mine contacted Electrex a couple of weeks ago about a stator for a Suzuki and they couldn't give him any info like output etc of their product..😲

I think i read in one of the mags of two brothers who built a bike for their dad in their flat from parts..They had some fun getting it out of there...
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

ok try this for good business sense--an ebay supplier with a LARGE star rating for selling aftermarket ignition coils could not give me the primary and secondary readings(done statically)of an ignition coil because the did not even possess a basic Multitester!! THEY SAID "You buy it and test it when you get it and if its not in spec,send it back for a refund but you have to pay the return postage.(err--Customer service--what?--30 seconds with a multitester you can give the customer the answer to their question-----how do these Ebaysellers retain their star rating?
TRUE STORY--in 1961 i was 17--(all right cut the jokes about crumblies) and i helped my brothers friend "collect"parts and between us we built that bike slowly upstairs in his small bedroom in his parent`s house until it was complete.we even started the engine right there--much jumping up and down on the kickstart and jiggling the advance and retard lever--with that old house i`m surprised that it did not go through those creaky floorboards into the kitchen below(the house had been hit by a bomb in WW2 and "JERRY rebuilt" after the hostilities).
Yes you got it--we took it all apart again--carried it bit by bit downstairs to the back garden and reassembled it all over again.I was 8 stone dripping wet in those days and as a reward for my help Grog(bike owner) let me be the first to ride it round the block with no insurance/ tax/crash hat/goggles/ boots and, my friend, that was the first time i ever got to ride a--- BSA Gold Star DB34 500cc single(70 mph in first gear)those were the days.
Thats a true story a bit long and drawn out but prob a bit better read than the Sunday
paper maybe????
snowing like mad here for last 7 hours how is it in the land of the "black stuff"with you?

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

oh and i sent Elextrex two emails as to supplying or making a pickup coil for the KR and not even the courtesy of a reply to either of them. :evil:

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Some companies have no idea about customer service, many many moons ago I blew up my S3, thrashing it back home from Leicester (Barcol tuning) where I had been to get it measured up for a set of spannies) dreaded K&N airfilter fell off, and it ended up with all three pistons at tdc.
I bought a set of new barrels from Cradley and they sent them cash on delivery, don't think that would happen now.
I have used Cradley ever since. ......customer service pays.
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

NOSHER wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm ok try this for good business sense--an ebay supplier with a LARGE star rating for selling aftermarket ignition coils could not give me the primary and secondary readings(done statically)of an ignition coil because the did not even possess a basic Multitester!! THEY SAID "You buy it and test it when you get it and if its not in spec,send it back for a refund but you have to pay the return postage.(err--Customer service--what?--30 seconds with a multitester you can give the customer the answer to their question-----how do these Ebaysellers retain their star rating?
TRUE STORY--in 1961 i was 17--(all right cut the jokes about crumblies) and i helped my brothers friend "collect"parts and between us we built that bike slowly upstairs in his small bedroom in his parent`s house until it was complete.we even started the engine right there--much jumping up and down on the kickstart and jiggling the advance and retard lever--with that old house i`m surprised that it did not go through those creaky floorboards into the kitchen below(the house had been hit by a bomb in WW2 and "JERRY rebuilt" after the hostilities).
Yes you got it--we took it all apart again--carried it bit by bit downstairs to the back garden and reassembled it all over again.I was 8 stone dripping wet in those days and as a reward for my help Grog(bike owner) let me be the first to ride it round the block with no insurance/ tax/crash hat/goggles/ boots and, my friend, that was the first time i ever got to ride a--- BSA Gold Star DB34 500cc single(70 mph in first gear)those were the days.
Thats a true story a bit long and drawn out but prob a bit better read than the Sunday
paper maybe????
snowing like mad here for last 7 hours how is it in the land of the "black stuff"with you?
Something tells me you could write a book with your experiences..😊
Snow forcast here but we didn't get a drop..
Cold out in the garage though but did have a few cans of the black stuff to get me through..( any excuse ).)☻
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

500bernie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm Some companies have no idea about customer service, many many moons ago I blew up my S3, thrashing it back home from Leicester (Barcol tuning) where I had been to get it measured up for a set of spannies) dreaded K&N airfilter fell off, and it ended up with all three pistons at tdc.
I bought a set of new barrels from Cradley and they sent them cash on delivery, don't think that would happen now.
I have used Cradley ever since. ......customer service pays.
I think i"ll try that c.o.d.idea on a set of barrells.😉
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

Bernie--you`ll get no argument from me as far as "customer service pays"--only thing is i think the only person who gets the "pays" is the seller these days !!!

C.C Thanks for the bigup on the Literery skills but i`m afraid at 73 a lot off the memories are somewhere in the misty past and its only comments like yours that awaken a few.
Oh and be careful of the black stuff --you may end up liking it.

Thanks for your posts guys much appreciated when i am stuck in the flat and can`t get down the garage to twirl a few spanners or switch on a couple of Multi testers hehe
And another really BIG bigup for the guy who patiently for weeks emailed me with the secrets of the dark art of reading a Wiring Diagram and how a CDI ignition system works
is member BOZBRIDGE-- Thanks hugely fella.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Now then Nosher, happy to help & I'm glad you've got the problems ironed out.. hope you're feeling a bit better as well, sounds like you've been through it a bit! Email whenever you like, let me know how you're getting on.
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

Hope your keeping well and back on your feet...
NOSHER
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOSHER »

hey there thanks for the good wishes--can walk without crutches now but gearchange leg refuses to join the party so just started a course of physio to see if they can bring it back --fingers crossed.
the cold weather is keeping me away from the garage(20 metres detached from house and -2 c overnight temp)so haven`t continued rewrapping the wiring loom which is what gave me the initial sciatica attack back in November so amusing myself watching Classic Motogp races on Virgin TV until Spring weather makes its late arrival. :-|

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30
c&c
Heavy Smoker

Post by c&c »

Good man , look after yourself..
I'm sure the physio will work wonders..
Yeah " the beast from the east" is meant to hit our shores again this w/end...
It's going to be a short summer...