Bridgestone BT014

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

bt 010's still suit the bigger(re...heavier)bikes so may b a problem gettin em warm.....i cant understand why you cant get the good stuff in germany???try....pirelli diablo ...but you'll need the corsa type as its much stickier than standard.....cant you get them in england and still use them in germany....?
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
dirk
Heavy Smoker

Post by dirk »

mr_bungholeo wrote: .....i cant understand why you cant get the good stuff in germany???....
nobody understand why we cant good stuff use in germany....
Ask the "TÜV"... #-o

If we use other tires and the police stop you without "Freigabe", that will very expensive :shock:
KR-1S 1990
RG500 1987
RGV 250 1992
TZR250 (2MA) 1987
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

dirk wrote: i can use:

BT96
BT010
I know, but the BT96 is no longer produced and the BT010 is about to be discontinued as Bridgestone Germany told me today.......

So both are of no use to me.

Charles
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

for road use the tyres you can get will b ok on a lighter bike for the road....but if u do a track day...let us know your feelings on the bt014's....all the best guys...

danny harris.....R.I.P
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

mr_bungholeo wrote:i cant understand why you cant get the good stuff in germany???try....pirelli diablo ...but you'll need the corsa type as its much stickier than standard.....
You normally get the good stuff also in Germany, that is for bikes that have been officially imported here. For the KR1S it's different: this bike has never been sold here, alas it's known by neither Kawasaki Germany, nor by most german tyre firms nor by the Tüv.

mr_bungholeo wrote:cant you get them in england and still use them in germany....?
I am thinking about that. Sean sells those Dunlop Alpha 10s Pro, those might be worth a try. Or has anyone of you got an address where I could buy a pair ot tyres (Pirelli Diablo, BT92 or alpha 10s) when I'm in the UK next month. I don't want to pay any shippings cost if I can avoid any.....

But when I buy a pair of tyres in the UK, I still must get them past the Tüv. Therefore I have to find a easygoing Tüv-engineer otherwise he;ll say no and that's the end of the story. Without "Freigabe" no insurance or licence plate.....

bloody germans, I tell ya, why didn't I move to the UK.... #-o
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

ask sean...he doesnt live too far away from me...(about 100mls) you may b able to get em from him by the time you come over...let me know... :D
he's got to send me some filters so could include them in the postage... :D :D :D

danny harris.....R.I.P
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

mr_bungholeo wrote: he's got to send me some filters so could include them in the postage... :D :D :D
I'll ask Sean for a quote. A filter was also on my wish list.... :D
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

So today I got the final answer from Bridgestone Germany: I can use the BT090, but I do not get a "Freigabe" for the BT92, as the BT92 is no longer availbale in Germany and the BT014 would be much better in wet conditions...... On what bike the BT014 outperforms the BT92 he couldn't say.

I then answered that I wouldn't mind buying a set of BT92s in the UK.
This didn't cheer him up: they're not responsible for tyres they didn't import themselves, blabla.

Now I'll try Dunlop Germany if they'll allow me to use the GPRa10.

Charles
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Sorry guys, my last question concerning tyres......

I just found this:

http://www.fwr.co.uk/dunlopt.htm#alpha

They're rather cheap, but how do they compare to BT090pro?

Should I buy them in the UK, and than try to get them past the Tüv, or are the differences between these tyres so marginal, I just should buy these BT090s without having to fight the Tüv?
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Hello Charles just purchased a set of Dunlop alpha's from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RoundAndBlack_ ... esstQQtZkm
110/70hr17 £70.11
140/60hr18 £95.02 including vat, very good service, arrived the next day, havent tried them yet though
Gary
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Hi Gary,

thanks for the link. But as Dunlop Germany (and therefore the Tüv as well ) doesn't allow me to use this tyre as it's not officially listetd here in Germany, I'll try the BT090 first. Should this tyre not be adequate for my type of use I'll try the Dunlop alpha with or without Tüv.

Thanks again,
Charles
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Now until a short while a go i was going to get some BT 92's for the LC Hybrid with KR1S front/rear end.
Are these now discontinued??I have been offere Dunlop GPR A 10's but are there a soft track tyre that won't last on the road :shock:

I'm after some which will give me a fair few miles ,so can anyone recommend a suitable set.
This 18 inch tyre kerfuffle sure half limits your choices :cry:
Can it yer old boiler
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

headcoats wrote: Are these now discontinued??
I think they're still available in the UK,
as Red Devil 777 posted (just a quick google search):

http://www.sticky-stuff.co.uk/advanced_ ... from=&pto=
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Got myself a set of BT090s today, £160 incl. fitting/balancing.