wanted! bodywork

Plastic bits and Paint
hacky
Smoker

wanted! bodywork

Post by hacky »

I'm looking for a complete rear, side, front and bottom fairing for a KR-1 preferably. KR-1S if there is no other. Anybody knows who makes these things or has a spare one lying around?

I would like it to be completely new and unpainted would be OK. I could also drill the holes and trim the body myself.

I could also repair it if I wanted, but it has been repaired too many times.

I heard of a company a while ago that made new race-fairings. I could modify one to fit the lights if that's the only option.
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

best option is to go for a set of bodywork from ARD.

though good condition stuff does appear on ebay quite often and if you are lucky you can grab a bargain
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Several firms do fibreglass 'race' bodywork, you'll see some from a seller named 'racecrafty' on ebay uk fairly regularly, to me it looks like this stuff has just been moulded from the original kwak stuff and there are some lines etc\ present where the light cut outs etc are, pretty cheap though can't comment on quality as I've not had them myself.

ARD (See link on home page) do very good aftermarket fairings and seat units in coloured fibrelgass, quality and fit is excellant, take out of box, possibly drill 10 holes and fit, it is that easy. They will also do headlight cutouts etc for road bikes. I've got their stuff on mine and I'm very happy with it and would reccomend without hesitation, and no I don't work there nor am I on comission!
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

damn! ARD, that's the site I saw once. Thanks. Stupid of me not to look on the homepage first...
there are exactly 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary logic and those who don't.
hacky
Smoker

Post by hacky »

too bad shipment to the Netherlands is too expensive.

I bought a 5 sq. m glassfiber sheet and 5 liters of resin+harder and strate doing it myself. It's pretty easy! Using a grinder to grind the inside of the body and then glue the sheet in a few times it looks very strong. I'm sure I will use this stuff a lot more. I even created new fiberglass attachments for the front light (2 of them were broken off and lost), a new attachment which plugs in the front frame and more of that stuff.

I only have to do the outside with some filler and then respray with underpaint and limegreen and matte black.

pictures will follow soon!

\:D/