The start .....

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

sounds fit...i think the frame may blend in once the fairing is on.....wot colour are you gonna paint the rest of it??
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

KwakOn wrote:Well done, I like to see something different or original. cant wait to see it finished.

dont run 50:1 :shock: even with the best oil. I have been advised that in the past but it is too far for high speed/revs, might be fine on an MX but not the KR (30:1 is what the manual says).

agree with you there m8y,but was only running for short period of time to enable me to set up and bleed the oil pump,so motor is now running with oil pump supply.
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

mr_bungholeo wrote:sounds fit...i think the frame may blend in once the fairing is on.....wot colour are you gonna paint the rest of it??
main colour will be a pearl white,but going to try and stick with original colour scheme but with pearls and maybe some airbrushing of a slightly different approach to the original striping(different direction) of the KR1,and toying with some ideas of number board on seat unit incorporating a checkered flag (not original idea i know ,but i like em'.... :lol: )...but just got a few jobs lined up and kr keeps going down the list....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

bought the old girl some 'bling' and fitted this w/end..........now have the means of going forward.... :lol: :lol: ..........painted the calipers last week and now gonna order some new pistons and seals all round so i can then stop.............. :D

the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Those end cans look lovely.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

agreed - what make are they 8)
Smokings Good For You
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Garry wrote:agreed - what make are they 8)
i really dont know Garry.... :oops: :oops:
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Looking brilliant bud, Ive just painted my bodywork in all white, its a bit plain, but might need a few stickers ;)

Keep it up :)

Btw my first race meeting is in august hopefully.
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

woooo hooooo...........20 months after purchasing the old girl.....i've finally got her rolling and ridden a KR1 for the very first time in my life,albeit only up to 15mph down the tennie'.............just need to sort the 'spongy' front brake,get a fairing,new seal kit for rear caliper,finish painting her,another rev counter..............fookin' ell'.....it'll be another 20 months before she's on the road......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...nah only joking,hopefully spring next year :roll: ,...........me and the lad were like 2 kids at xmas riding her up and down the tenfoot,might even get sad and post a little video........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Good mann, well happy for you, im at a trackday on sunday at mallory, will let u know how it goes.
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

666damned wrote:woooo hooooo...........20 months after purchasing the old girl.....i've finally got her rolling and ridden a KR1 for the very first time in my life,albeit only up to 15mph down the tennie'.............just need to sort the 'spongy' front brake,get a fairing,new seal kit for rear caliper,finish painting her,another rev counter..............fookin' ell'.....it'll be another 20 months before she's on the road......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...nah only joking,hopefully spring next year :roll: ,...........me and the lad were like 2 kids at xmas riding her up and down the tenfoot,might even get sad and post a little video........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
right on dave :mrgreen: what is it about nostalgia :? can make you feel like a kid all over again :D
when you open them up in 2nd and 3rd is when ya start feelin like a mester :mrgreen:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

666damned wrote:woooo hooooo...........20 months after purchasing the old girl.....i've finally got her rolling and ridden a KR1 for the very first time in my life,albeit only up to 15mph down the tennie'.............just need to sort the 'spongy' front brake,get a fairing,new seal kit for rear caliper,finish painting her,another rev counter..............fookin' ell'.....it'll be another 20 months before she's on the road......... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...nah only joking,hopefully spring next year :roll: ,...........me and the lad were like 2 kids at xmas riding her up and down the tenfoot,might even get sad and post a little video........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one Dave ! Video please (not that I don't believe you !) :D
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

finally got round to purchasing some bodywork for the ol' girl..........not much left to get her finished.....getting the headlight mounted in the pattern fairing looks like its gonna be fun.......... :roll: .........get everything fitting nice and snug and then give her some nice new coat's of AA's finest(paint.......... :lol: )..........

Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

666damned wrote:Then give her some nice new coat's of AA's finest(paint.......... :lol: )..........
You're going to paint it Yellow? :shock:

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Bikemike wrote:
666damned wrote:Then give her some nice new coat's of AA's finest(paint.......... :lol: )..........
You're going to paint it Yellow? :shock:

Mike
hell yeh..what do ya reckon?................ :lol: :lol: :lol: ..........no only kidding...AA....Auto Air ...water based custom paint