The start .....

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
666damned
Oil Injector

The start .....

Post by 666damned »

Hi guys......... :D

got my second engine in and almost ready to fire her up.......the £30 1s pipes cleaned up really nice and gave them a coat of vht matt black and vht clear......cans polished up nice as well which was a nice bonus..........fingers crossed hoping engine runs ok...... :lol: :lol:

Dave
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Good luck with the 'fire up' looking more like now, still not conviced by the frame colour :lol:

Like the kwak logos on the wheels, did you use a sticker for them?
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

Hi Mark...........agree with you that the colour's not to everybodys taste..... :lol: :lol: ..........the logo's on the wheels are vinyl,i cut myself on my plotter to the size i wanted ,just an experiment to see how they looked, a bit tricky to apply but just need a bit of patience..........i could do you some if you want any...........

Dave
'So,who's paranoid'.........The Damned's new album,released 10/11/2008 or available to d/load from...'officialdamned.com .....go on treat yourself........
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

cant see anything but a clown bike if you stick with that frame :shock:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Not too keen on the frame colour but then its widly known that I do not understand taste or fashion so ignore everything I say on looks :lol:

Is it going to be a track or a road bike?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

i guess i'll just have to be the clown then Col..........and is definitely going to be seen on the road 'elf'.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

i guess it comes down to preferance, aint my cup o tea though. i guess you dont dont know how it will turn out till you try it and cant fault you for having balls to experiment. in the end though you will soon find that beam frames can only be either alu colour(brushed or p/coat) or black(bit common these days but for good reason) and polished, one that people love or hate!! a bit outdated now but im a fan as it reminds me of seeing fzr1000's as a kid with polished frames/painted lettering on tyres and a rectangular number plate!! tacky as ya like but i dreamed of these things as a kiddy!!! :oops: glad to hear your close to having it running anyway. if your used to a diet of a/cooled rd's x7's etc then a good kr's manners will blow you away not to mention been twice as quick! welcome aboard dave, nearly there!
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

who knows - you could start a new trend !

be intersted to see it when its finished - have you a paint scheme in
mind ?
Smokings Good For You
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

SHE LIVES...............wooooohoooo... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....
put a gallon of 50-1 premix in the tank,cleaned/set carbs last week,recharge the battery........and she fired up 3rd kick.......fu*&ing well chuffed and the pipes sound sweet as well......... 8) 8) 8)

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 120mr7.flv

Dave

ps...not sure what is causing 'clicking' on audio....
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

nice one mate, she sounds sweet.....
she will defo stand out in a crowd....
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

666damned wrote: put a gallon of 50-1 premix in the tank
I run mine on 33-1 premix, no wonder it costs me so much (almost a fiver of oil per fill up)
I dread to think what my carbon footprint is ( like I give a shit :twisted: :twisted: )

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

:) what you got in mind for the bodywork?my mind racers when i think of all the possibilitys,good on yer look forward to when its done,most intresting watson! :D
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

certainly is different :D
i like the short cans what are they TZ?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

SHimmer45 wrote:certainly is different :D
i like the short cans what are they TZ?
to be truthful.........i haven't got a clue.... :lol: :lol:
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

Well done, I like to see something different or original. cant wait to see it finished.

dont run 50:1 :shock: even with the best oil. I have been advised that in the past but it is too far for high speed/revs, might be fine on an MX but not the KR (30:1 is what the manual says).