PB 90's only Trackday Cadwell Park sept 16th

Tell us where to meet you!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

what time will things be starting elf?with the nights drawing in and that?think i will be setting off about dinner time 1ish.90mile away so should be there about 1/4 past :lol: or do you think it might be better to get there about 12ish?only watching not riding 8) :)
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

garye345 wrote:what time will things be starting elf?with the nights drawing in and that?think i will be setting off about dinner time 1ish.90mile away so should be there about 1/4 past :lol: or do you think it might be better to get there about 12ish?only watching not riding 8) :)
We'll be on track from 9 o'clock till 5 with an hour's break for lunch from about 1ish. The lunch break tend to be a bit flexable.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

If your coming and want to meet up lets all try and stop in the same place in the paddock? How about the row above the scruintenering bay.

If you don't know Cadwell, drive down towards the clubhouse and pass the fuel pumps (with the pumps on your LHS), the scruts bay (a barn) will be in front of you, Turn left just before it and park up along that road. With luck I should be in a big red E-On van, so I'll be easy to spot.

Gary r you riding over?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
sipaldi
Light Smoker

Post by sipaldi »

Hi Guys,
Three of my mates are coming down. I cannot get the day off work though :cry:
Look out for them, they will have either two or three Kr1s's. Just ask for "skinny bob". Black nissan navara pick up.
Think the are in the intermediate group but may be in the fast group. They will have the bullet cams fitted so go speak to them and see if you can get on camera! I will be attempting to put the film on dvd and maybe youtube if I can work it out!
Anyway, all have a good day and lets hope it stays dry for you. Think of me stuck in the office whilst you are enjoying yourselves!!!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Some of the piccies - no processing just did a straight dump so if blurred or dark blame the light, camera anything but me :D
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m197 ... Sept%2008/

I didn't get all the names but 11 KRs in one place at the same time is something else:)

Oops - Scooble and the Goose neck
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

oh dear - all that work gone to waste - nice mods on that pre-crash mode #-o

here's come pics i took - sorry if i missed anyone - need a bit more
practise

Smokings Good For You
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

It was nice to see so many KR's in one place. I think a piss take on the rgv forum is on the cards :D . 11 KR's and not one blow up, in total the problems were, Scooble lost a spark plug cap at one point, I had an HT lead fall out of the coil and Another KR had the water pump oil seal fail while in the paddock.

The biggest laugh was when someone asked what do you call such a big collection of KR's and someone shouted that "the collective noun is a siezer" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: which I'm glad to say never happened :D .
Last edited by the-elf on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

must say a big thanks to Kevin and Mark for giving me a new plug cap and some avgas. It was also good to see so many KR's making an attendance in numbers never seen before, it even attracted the attention of the PB photogoraphers. =D>
Things started at a bit of a slow pace for me espescially as I had never done the mountain section before. I started to pick up the pace and was surprised how quick the relatively standard engine felt Only passed by two big bikes down the straights and nearly staying with elf's bike down the park straight)..
Determined to push harder on the more familiar sections to me, I took what I thought was a comfortable fast sweeping line into the RH section of the gooseneck only to land up on my ear on the LH section. Completely took me by surprise. The KR had decided enough was enough, parted company and left me to negotiate the rest of the corner on my backside. The KR gracefully slid off the tarmac and then proceeded to expose itself to all and sundry my parking itself upside down on the grass with its legs in the air as if to say, 'I surrender, please don't thrash me anymore' [-(
on reflection, I think I flicked from right to left too quickly and unloaded the front tyre as at no point did it feel as though it was 'pushing' too hard.
The damage was fairly superficial (as far as I could see). The front subframe mount snapped and the expansion chamber is now pointing skyward. The rest of the damage looks to be plastics and scrapes.
Lets hope we get a mention in PB next month.

until next time!
scooble
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

good on you scooble !! =D>
glad to see that your still smiling... :D

bloody good turn out lads and ladies..well done...

gutted i couldnt go but my little girl has started school and is only doing half days...
spending as much time as i can with the kids as i missed them loads while i was away..

booked for oulton on nov 1st and trying to get one for the end of the month
Last edited by corky on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
sipaldi
Light Smoker

Post by sipaldi »

Thanks for the pics!!!
The last three are my boys, nigel,frank and skinny bob! :lol:
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Nice one lads glad you all survived, looks like you had a nice day for it as well. Scooble is that a standard expansion chamber? If you cant get one I have a spare which you can have, Just replace it when one comes up.
Last edited by kwackman12 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
skinnybob

Post by skinnybob »

"the last three are my boys", my boys! I'm 50, Nigel is 50 and Frank is 70. We didn't video as sipaldi gave us a camera with no batts! Honestly kids these days! ](*,)

P.S. shame about Scooble's bike gerritfixedasap :oops:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

corky wrote:good lad scooble !! =D>
glad to see that your still smiling... :D
ummm she'll stop smiling if you keep calling her a lad :lol: Scooble is our top pin up, fast female rider. :D

Don't let her read this but she is a bloody good and bleeding fast rider.

Cadwell is my home track but i had to work bloody hard to keep up with her, on a faster bike, and she hardly knew the track. Enough said :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Got to also say a thank you to MJ, we swapped bikes for a session and although we both only lasted about 3 laps before coming back into the paddock (both bikes were set up completly differently so we didn't get on well with each other's bikes) I managed to (re)learn a lot. His bike was a lot more stable than mine and easier to ride. I have never tried the other set of rear suspension tie bars I made, and to be honest I now think that I have too much rear ride height :oops: (more testing needed).

MJ's new engine is fantastic. It's the best 250 I have ever rode and it felt more like a 600 on the straights. If I catch him not looking I think I'll do a quick engine swap the next time I meet him in a race paddock :D .
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

skinnybob wrote:"the last three are my boys", my boys! I'm 50, Nigel is 50 and Frank is 70. We didn't video as sipaldi gave us a camera with no batts! Honestly kids these days! ](*,)

P.S. shame about Scooble's bike gerritfixedasap :oops:
Welcome to the forum. :D Hope to see all of you lads posting .
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by: