Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Time for another update. :mrgreen:
Been busy with other stuff this week, so only got a little bit done. :oops:
At least it's starting to look like a bike now........ sort of :wink:
Really need to do something with the torsion arm though. :-k
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Glock 19
Light Smoker

Post by Glock 19 »

Hi, looks like you made an excellent start, silver wheels look the bizz, but how you going to get it down the stairs!!!??? :lol:
Team Green!!
KR1 under construction !
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Coming along Scott . Will check and see what condition the brake arm/s that I have are like . If there is a better looking one its yours .
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

im sure some elbow grease and some autosol have that looking nice to go with the rest of it mate good work so far
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Glock 19 wrote:Hi, looks like you made an excellent start, silver wheels look the bizz, but how you going to get it down the stairs!!!??? :lol:
:idea: might just have to get a bit of a run up..... should clear em pretty easy. \:D/ :lol:

Thanks for the offer Billy, but think I have a good one on that wrecked S. If not, I might take shimmers advice and polish it. 8) Will make that decision once the bikes a bit closer to complete so I can get an idea of the overall effect.

Hmmmm...... Tonights item on the to-do list is the brakes.... or if that annoys me too much I may run the loom and fit some small stuff. :-k
KR1 Red/White
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

My torsion arm had that manky gold on it and i rubbed it off with wet and dry and then polished it,looks great :P
Can it yer old boiler
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

The silver wheels work well..... I enjoy fitting the bigger bits on a rebuild, but sooner or later you have to start with pipes & cables then the wiring loom :evil: Its got to be the worst ugliest loom I've ever come across. Alan .
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

It's been a while since my last update (cause I've been slack :oops: ) and this sections been a bit quiet anyways.

Only problem is that since the learner restrictions have changed, I won't be able to ride it untill 12 months after I get my full license. :evil:
Now looking at finishing it off then selling it. :(
Then it's on to setting up the track bike which will be the KR1S I picked up recently. \:D/
I'll just have to stick with the old Tandem Twin for a road bike a bit longer is all. :roll:
KR1 Red/White
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Hi Scott,
why don't you keep the road-Kr1S? Waiting one year isn't that long,
and selling the restored bike must be frustrating, when you don't have had the chance to ride it properly.....
Plus I reckon it will be difficult in the future for you to find a KR1S in a fine condition as the restored one will be, should you decide wanting to have one for the road again. The ones you've bought so far, weren't that mint :mrgreen:

cheers,
Charles
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi Charles,
only planning on selling off this KR1, and keeping the rest of the collection. That'll still leave me with 1 1/2 1S's and 3 1's, so still got plenty to play with. :mrgreen:
I had planned not to sell one off till I had my road and track bike sorted as well as one for my mate, but couldn't handle haveing the road bike sitting for close to 2 years b4 I can ride it so thought it better to find it a home where it'll get ridden and get a bit of cash back in my pocket to fund the rest of the projects.
KR1 Red/White
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Nice and neat there Scott . Good idea having it inside at the moment hey ! :lol:
What is your license status . Thought if you already had one they couldn't retrospectivley ban you from a high powered 250 ???
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Be a shame to sell it. It's got to be hard to finish it if it's not going to be yours. I would lose interest, do they sell for good money in Aus.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hey Bill,
Made the mistake of letting my learners expire so have to re-sit the test. #-o #-o
Alan, yeah I kinda did lose interest when I realised I couldn't ride it, so am focusing on the fact that whatever I get for it will help fund the 1S track bike. May already have a buyer for it once finished hopefully, so fingers crossed I get a good price for it. [-o<
KR1 Red/White
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Well, it's been a heck of a long time since I did an update (or any work on this at all :oops: ), but after hitting a dead end on the Tandem Twins ignition problems I thought I'd spend some time on the KR1.

It's been a couple of productive days even if I do say so myself. :mrgreen:
Still need to bleed the brakes before they're finished, as well as fit the chain & adjusters and whatever else I've missed along the way, then I should be about ready to fit the panels.
KR1 Red/White