Manfield NZ 23rd August

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
nzkr1
Heavy Smoker

Manfield NZ 23rd August

Post by nzkr1 »

I will try again, no waihine or pepe going to stop me this time.
Good excuse to try out these 35mm carbs. =P~
Watch out F3 and post classic. :lol:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Good luck mate.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Good luck & most of all enjoy!!
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Let me know about that Avgas head, Glad to know you have sorted some 35mm carbs as well. You'll just need to get the cylinders ported and the cases flowed and you'll have a hell of a bike. Also get your-selve a set of Lomas pipes as they are worth loads of horses as well.

What suspension mosa are you allowed again? The biggest thing holding back the KR is its standard suspension. The engine is the easist thing to sort out.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

If you come any further north i might get over to see you.
feildings a bit of a trek for me.
nzkr1
Heavy Smoker

Post by nzkr1 »

the-elf wrote:Let me know about that Avgas head, Glad to know you have sorted some 35mm carbs as well. You'll just need to get the cylinders ported and the cases flowed and you'll have a hell of a bike. Also get your-selve a set of Lomas pipes as they are worth loads of horses as well.

What suspension mosa are you allowed again? The biggest thing holding back the KR is its standard suspension. The engine is the easist thing to sort out.
Hopefully you will be getting a call re the head and someone will collect. Fingers crossed. Cylinders are now ported, headed squished and lomas pipes one day. Have now got some KR1S pipes that have been gutted. As for suspension I don't have an issue, only ground clearance is a problem.
Lost half a RH foot peg at the last meeting. Have lifted pegs and moved them back as I felt quite cramped. I used to ride a supermotard KTM525 so the suspension is a dream compared to that :lol: :lol:
nzkr1
Heavy Smoker

Post by nzkr1 »

col wrote:If you come any further north i might get over to see you.
feildings a bit of a trek for me.
I think there's a Post Classic meeting in Taupo in November so maybe see you there.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

nzkr1 wrote:Hopefully you will be getting a call re the head and someone will collect. Fingers crossed.
OK thats no problem
Cylinders are now ported, headed squished and lomas pipes one day. Have now got some KR1S pipes that have been gutted. As for suspension I don't have an issue, only ground clearance is a problem.
Lost half a RH foot peg at the last meeting. Have lifted pegs and moved them back as I felt quite cramped. I used to ride a supermotard KTM525 so the suspension is a dream compared to that :lol: :lol:
Are you running the standard 18" rear wheel? my pags are moved about 50mm back and 20mm higher IIRC. also I have some custom clip ons fitted which are adjustable which all helps with the riding position.

Ground clearance is a big problem. If you arn't dragging the pegs then the belly pan and/or the spannies will touch down. Its one of the poor parts of the KR design, took me ages to get a decent setup, which gave me enough ground clearance. I could do with an adjustable swing arm pivot. If I had a few photos of one then I would/should make my own.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
nzkr1
Heavy Smoker

Post by nzkr1 »

Still using standard rims and Dunlop rubber seems to be alright. Very similiar to the Metzler Drift tyres I used to have on the motard. Quite easy to control slide.
Might try getting some thicker knee sliders so I don't have to lean it over so far. They might be cheaper than relacing foot pegs. :-k Or maybe some trick adjustable pegs. :-k
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Making some brackets to move the rear sets backwards is easy the hard part is to move the gear selector as well. I used the standard link back to where the original gear lever was and I repalced that with a spare engine side KR1S gear selector I then made a long bar to join that to an SV650 gear selector lever which was mounter on the foot peg using an old little end bearing. I'll post a few pictures of it for you later if it'll help?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by: