Noob :)

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Spliffyaid wrote:
garye345 wrote: owt you need give me a shout(just selling a few in bits)might have it.
looks like you have got it all sorted though :D
I "think" i need some head :) either that or a good dremeling session :lol: what heads have you got? :)
:? only got 2 heads!better get dremeling son! :lol:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Spliffyaid
Smoker

Post by Spliffyaid »

The head doesnt look healthy (ill post a pic later) but i beleive you can get these welded and re ground?

I replied to your PM RE the barrells as well :)
Fuelled by 1664
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi mate, and welcome to the forum.
Spliffyaid wrote:The head doesnt look healthy (ill post a pic later) but i beleive you can get these welded and re ground?
Have a good read through the engines section, as there are a few posts explaining what specs to get the head machined to if you want good RELIABLE power.
I don't think it'll need to welded at all, just re-machine the squish band to the specs youll find in the engine section, shave the face, and machine the combustion chamber to get the compression ratio right.

Good luck, ask questions, and keep us all posted on the progess.
Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Spliffyaid
Smoker

Post by Spliffyaid »

Well, spent most of last night in the garage with 20 Marlborough lights, 12 cans of 1664 a big bowl of gunk and a paintbrush :lol:

God, I know how to live :roll: :D

Anyway, cleaned off about 18 years worth of crud off quite a few parts and then putting all the bits in to two boxes, one box for shot/bead blasting, one box for vapour blasting.

Also thinking about getting all the nuts and bolts etc done, but judging from the state of 80% of them, i think ill buy new :D

Been speaking to Red Devil about the above so im in good hands and is a veritable mountain of information, which is great :) Thanks for your help so far :D =D>
Fuelled by 1664
mark350lc
lurker

Post by mark350lc »

Hi from another noob on here.

I've also recently bought a KR1s. I bought it to use the carbs for an lc project but i'm now thinking of restoring it. It looks similar to yours, condition wise, but in one piece though!

Anyway thought you might like to know I offer a vapour blasting service and am not too far from you, in Skelmersdale (approx 30 mins).

Might be worth comparing notes :)

http://home.btconnect.com/fjmotorcycles
Spliffyaid
Smoker

Post by Spliffyaid »

Right then, i guess this is where my project kicks off in earnest, although im not sure if i have bought a pile of shite and it all goes to the scrappers at the weekend :lol:

Look at this damage and tell me, "Oh, dont worry, they are all like that" :lol: (please [-o< ) These are 2 seperate blocks btw

Also look at the differance in Engine numbers? does this say one is an import and one isnt, or isnt one of them an S? any ideas?

I also appear to have two left hand carbs? anyone got a right one for sale?

Garye345, ill get the barrels and head off you at some point this week, when you about?

Very imprssed with the vapour blasting :) Cheers Mark =D>

Fuelled by 1664
Spliffyaid
Smoker

Post by Spliffyaid »

Someone tell me i aint fooked please :)
Fuelled by 1664
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

I can't help you about the engine cases, one of the experts will diagnose those for you.
What I can say is that on all four cases I have the engine number looks like the first photo, the second one looks wrong, maybe it has been ground off and re-stamped?
Vapour blasting rocks btw.

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

vapour blasting +1
im having engine and carbs done soonish :mrgreen:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
rvf nut
Smoker

Post by rvf nut »

:shock: sorry mate i cant help with the damage at the mo but looks like bad casting they my well all be like it .im gonna strip my spare motor to get it aqua blasted so i will have a look when its stripped .
how much was the aqua blasting for all the bits you had done ???.
Also i dont like to say so but the engine numbers look to have been removed then restamped as it look's like 4-5 mm has been ground of . :-k
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail
rvf nut
Smoker

Post by rvf nut »

i forgot to say, the carbs are correct as they are all like it ( i think )
fail to prepare ,prepare to fail
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Carbs, one should have a vacum take off (that's normally the left as sat on the bike) other one shouldn't. If you've got two left, can't see why you can't blank it off. If not I'm sure I've got a spare right carb body (I used 2 lefts on a 350 ypvs used the vac bit as oil feed) One should have a long idle adjuster other hasn't but if you've got one fit it and loop it round to where the other one goes.

Engine nos, I'd be a bit 'sus' of the second one, it's the fact that the raised edge is missing that makes you think hmmmmmmm? To be honest a lot of jap imports have engine nos that are kr250b(e?) and that's it. I don't know for sure but seem to understand that jap bikes don't always have engine nos :shock:

Stuff looks really well, my engine is being soda and vapour blasted at the moment, far too many on here going for the cleanest engine award, don't want to be left behind.
Last edited by Red Devil 777 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

there is nothing wrong with your cases.

that's were there are metal inserts in the aluminium cases, and I've seen them many times before.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Can't see the photo's from my work PC so I'll have a look when I get back home around lunch time.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

JanBros wrote:there is nothing wrong with your cases.

that's were there are metal inserts in the aluminium cases, and I've seen them many times before.
I agree with Jan, they look normal and its just the steel inserts within the alloy casting.

That engine number looks a bit dodgie, like its been ground off and re stamped.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk