kr1stars hybrid

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
kr1stars
Smoker

Post by kr1stars »

JanBros wrote:what formula's did you use to calculate the exhausts ?
I used a Jolly Moto design slightly moded, got another forum member to run it through Moto software and should give peak power at 10200 rpm with a fair bit of over rev, power should start coming in at a little over 5000 rpm, so a little more peaky than Jolly Moto.
On a mildly tuned engine it should do just over 70 bhp or around early to mid 60 rwhp, but allow for some major tuning and should see 75 ish rwhp.

For the cones it was a simple program, enter in dimentions and print each cone, then cut it out and roll.

This is just a rough set as cutting by hand is far from accurate, I will be getting them machine cut as the software saves the cones as CAD files, this way they should all meet when rolled and then weld up nice. Welding 0.8mm along edges is very tricky and does want to blow holes alll the time, so when the joints dont match 100% its a nightmare. So these look like bird poo (but its a first rough set)
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Iv'e got two of those :mrgreen: 18 month old Lola & 5 month old Ted, From rottweiler rescue brilliant dogs!! http://www.rottweilerwelfare.co.uk/Dogsrehoming1.htm
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

arrrrrr.....the are sooo cute....
A cute Rotweiler, that just sound so wrong :!:
kr1stars
Smoker

Post by kr1stars »

scooble wrote:arrrrrr.....the are sooo cute....
A cute Rotweiler, that just sound so wrong :!:
Thas because of the papers & press, your quote is 100% right. :D
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

the press does give the breed a bad name.

isnt there a saying "not a bad dog just a bad owner" or something like that?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

they are a nasty dog if brought up badly or for security reasons otherwise as nice as a labrador. on the otherhand labradors can be vicous and as dangerous as a bad rottweiller. 99% of the time its down to the owners. i think the breed has been given a bad name through the media/one or two idiot owners whom are careless.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

still wouldn't catch me patting one :)
Smokings Good For You
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Garry, after a few pints of beer you don't just pat a dog, you sleep with it as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Sorry couldn't resist and I am on my sixth pint of old speckled hen ATM and I'm about to go upstairs to the wife. :oops: hopes she never reads this :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
kr1stars
Smoker

Post by kr1stars »

Just a little update with a few better pics. Finnished seam welding the cones today and done a better test fit. Just need to do the collers on the down pipes, stinngers & silencers.

Dont she now look fat :)

SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

looking cool.

once you have finilased the spannies you going to paint them?
and was it expensive to make your own set?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
kr1stars
Smoker

Post by kr1stars »

SHimmer45 wrote:looking cool.

once you have finilased the spannies you going to paint them?
and was it expensive to make your own set?
These are just a rough set, will be PJ1 paint and stainless steel silencers. Cost well nothing realy, but a sheet of steel you can get for about £10 and the cost of bits for the welder with gas, all of which I had.

If I get them laser cut or press braked this will cost me £45-£60 but will be much neater and then other costs would push the cost upto £60-£80 total.

Whish this was a KR1s I was doing, would have been easy in comparison to the bends that I got.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

your exhaust is way too close to the suspension-link, or is it this not the final position ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
kr1stars
Smoker

Post by kr1stars »

Thats all I had to hold the pipes up so not 100% the final position, they will be close though but it wont catch, even with the knuckle from low to high I still got room ( not much though )

The plan was to make them different, mine go behind the rearsets, inside pipe doesnt go to low to the ground like other GP pipe's, I also have less room than a normal RD as my bottom link on the frame has been made wider.

Hopefully on Sunday I will do the collers, rear mountain points and stingers. Its all looking rough at the moment, still only a mock up pipe for now but will be cleaned up and sprayed with PJ1.

Not long before I can do a shake down test on it, realy struggling having all my stuff in storage, wont be long now till I find a house with a garage, hopefully :)