The Next Performance Bike 90's Trackday

Tell us where to meet you!
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

ZXR 400's a great bike, although getting expensive for a nice one now. My daughter's one goes like stink! think it's got a blueprinted engine in it (well thats my excuse for not being able to stay with her :mrgreen: ) What about a H**da nc24? you can buy them cheap & the handling is supposed to be excelent? plus the engines are bullit proof
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

my garage was home to one for 6 month last year had usual reg rectifier probs plus generator it was my work mates nice little bike however i am on the large side 17 stone ish very ish wish i was 12 stone but it aint gonna happen think me and the bike will go on a diet for next year. [-o< :^o ade
on the pipe!!!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I'm not sure if I'll make the camping as I'm working down Kent and won't be travelling home till the Saturday. then I've got to fit a new top end to the bike, before loading up. Chances are I'll travel across on the Sunday Morning. Got to get back down to Kent again early on the Monday as well :(
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

managed to pick up a spare bike today not a kr its a zxr 750 j, its had a light spill on the left hand side but comes with loads of history last owner has had it 9 years and has used it very little. hoover pipes look mint.
on the pipe!!! (the hoover pipe) :lol:
ade.
on the pipe!!!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I'll be there on the Sunday morning at about 7:30 ish. Where abouts should we try and meet up? Same place as last year?

My mate's ZXr750 blew the big end yesterday after he started it so he's nipped out this morning to pick up an H**da steel framed 600. Miss Elf and the little elves are supposed to be coming along as well. Now all I've got to do is get home and rebuild the top end this afternoon.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

On our way :)
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

so it was a good day really enjoyed it thanks must go to mj for more free advice about my head gasket. brian for general tips and help also good to meet duncan, a good safe day for all. =D>
ade.
on the pipe!!!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I had a good day, till the LHS pot nipped up #-o . Nothing too major and as the engine was only thrown together at the last minute (using the old top end) and was going to be stripped down again anyway so its not a problem. Got a new crank and a set of new flowed cases to use when I rebuild it.

I was very impressed with my new cylinders though. Way more power than last years, and that was without any working powervalves and a 1mm squish as my new head hadn't arrived back from machining at BDK.

Tried some new suspension parts at the rear, which has improved the handling no end, the bike is alot more stable though the slow stuff and is easier to flip from one side to the other. You could really feel the difference though Hall Bends.

All in, the day went very well and the bike is heading in the right direction. I just need to get some time back home to get the new engine finished.

Just got to book the next trackday as an incentive to get the engine finished. :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

not considered using yam pistons kev? with wide ports the ring peg is in a far better location. did you see what had caused it to nip up? handling wise my bike felt 10x better than when i used it and the engine felt as good as my last motor even with 165 mains/no airbox!! changed up at 10k (indicated) as i was on new pistons/rings ect. apart from losing a powervlve screw everything went well by way of staying together less fork seals!! still, enjoyed outbraking the heavy 750's/600's and carrying waay more corner speed at the end of park/goose neck/hall bends ect. hoping to see some good snaps from end of park, i noticed a photographer.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Yep thought about going single ring TZ pistons but they are getting as hard to find as rocking horse sh*t. I've not yet sripped the engine as I went straight back down to Kent afterwards, so I'll have a good look when I get back home for a day next weekend.

I had a good tussel with one of the ZXR750's for a bit with him passing me on the start/finish straight then me repassing in the bendy stuff. Eventually got him at the hair pin with a bit of a block pass and then got my head down and carried the corner speed round Barn to give me a run on to the front straight and managed to loss him. :lol: Great fun.

I'm thinking of booking another day there on Friday 3rd July if your interested?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

yep, sounds good. the diffrence in corner speed between our 250's against the zxr's ect is alarming. first time i passed one i thought he had broken down!! engine got ran in without a hiccup so will put some sensible size jets in and get some rubbers so i can fit an airbox or complete the fibreglass airbox. must of had 45hp with the 165 mains in! absolutly drank fuel at an astonishing rate.
Last edited by mgtkr1 on Mon May 25, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

oh, forgot to ask who had the nice green kr with usd zxr forks? very nice bike.
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Nice one =D>

the poor guy riding it probably did after he had been passed by a 20 year old 250 - hows he going to explain that to his mates?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

mgtkr1 wrote:yep, sounds good.
Its with Focussed events for £89. gonna see if any of my mates fancy it, then I'm going to book it this week. I'll repost it again and see if anyone else fancies coming along. I'll book into the Inters this time and run in the (soon to be finished) new engine.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

mgtkr1 wrote:oh, forgot to ask who had the nice green kr with usd zxr forks? very nice bike.
could possibly be mine cant supply any photos as im incompetent with modern technology was in inters managed to get a 2.02 lap time (im 17.5 stone dont laugh) but getting there slowly thanks to the exellent info provided by the good people on here, was parked over the road to scooble at the previous one in sept, will build it properly now i have info off mj (keep blowing head gaskets) been assembling them dry #-o once again thanks to all
ade.
on the pipe!!!