flappytrack fairings

Plastic bits and Paint
duncanoakes
Smoker

flappytrack fairings

Post by duncanoakes »

i have just fitted track farings to kr1s

the lower fwring doesn't have the mount that locates the fairing just below the radiator and after a quick road test the fairings do appear to flap around a little, not really from head wind, but crosswinds,

Firstly, is this normal for race fairings? do they need to be a really static fit,

maybe i should just be bodging a mount for under the rad,

any advice from some people with a similar experience would be useful,

thanks duncan
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

never had that central mounting point on my track-fairings, and never had any problems .
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
duncanoakes
Smoker

Post by duncanoakes »

Hi Janbros

thanks for the response, do the fairings appear to move around then?

the ones i have fitted are glass fibre as I think most are, I am just worried that they may break up if they are consistantly flexed to much
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I have never used the under rad mount on my race fairings. I've only broke them from falling off, although they do get cracked during close overtaking :lol:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

duncanoakes wrote: I am just worried that they may break up if they are consistantly flexed to much
nothing to worry about, you'll probably do the same as Elf and me : damage them from falling off before they can crack :mrgreen:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

What's a good supplier of track fairings? Possibly not too expensive?

cheers,
Charles
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

never seen race plastic with that mount either. have now got diffrent bodywork so need to work out mount ect myself. never enjoy fitting bespoke bodywork or bodywork designed for another bike. ARD, race products, BB plastics do good quality race bodywork. ARD definitly do a set for the kr1s. theres normally race bopdywork on ebay.
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

mgtkr1 wrote:never seen race plastic with that mount either. have now got diffrent bodywork so need to work out mount ect myself. never enjoy fitting bespoke bodywork or bodywork designed for another bike. ARD, race products, BB plastics do good quality race bodywork. ARD definitly do a set for the kr1s. theres normally race bopdywork on ebay.
mine are ard and are ok i have used rad bracket to fix the bottom i bent the origional pin 90 degrees put a bolt through it and drilled a small hole through the belly pan and put a nylock nut on fairings now solid. ade
on the pipe!!!
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

spannerman wrote:
mgtkr1 wrote:never seen race plastic with that mount either. have now got diffrent bodywork so need to work out mount ect myself. never enjoy fitting bespoke bodywork or bodywork designed for another bike. ARD, race products, BB plastics do good quality race bodywork. ARD definitly do a set for the kr1s. theres normally race bopdywork on ebay.
mine are ard and are ok i have used rad bracket to fix the bottom i bent the origional pin 90 degrees put a bolt through it and drilled a small hole through the belly pan and put a nylock nut on fairings now solid. ade
Never thought of that Ade =D>
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

you do need to pack it with a few nuts or washers but it works well and also alows you to remove the top fairing leaving bellypan in place while messing about ( thats a technical term my wife uses ) . ade.
on the pipe!!!
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

for charles ,ive had a race products fairing on the road for 3 or 4 years,think its about £195 n £29 for screen ,there in market raisen near cadwell. oh yea ,you make your own front fairing mounts or glass fibre normall mounts ,never fixed the belly pan to awt exept the upper fairing,1 icy crash and a quick repair and its holding together well ,gell coates crazing round stressed areas tho,my bike gets abused tho
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

thanks Fred =D>

cheers,
Charles