Another newbie, never owned a KR before now but not a stranger to them....

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Coose

Re: Another newbie, never owned a KR before now but not a stranger to them....

Post by Coose » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Cheers. Did it fair ok?

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm

yeah it did the job, stopped my chain eating my oversized lomas spannies

DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:20 am

Coose wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:37 pm
I'm in Malton and a good friend of mine also has a KR1 and lives just outside of York. It's all his fault!

I'm planning on an MOT on the KR at some point (maybe quite soon at this rate), so hopefully it'll be out on the road.

I can't leave it alone. Wife was just sat on the sofa watching Friday night telly whilst I was stood in the garage contemplating a chain roller to clear the left-hand pipe....
Yep it kind of gets like that, always something to do to them. Hope you get it on the road out and about, hopefully see if we can get together at some point? I often head up to Helmsley on a weekend morning to have a run out, it's a nice little half hour run for me, probably similar for yourself.

Coose

Post by Coose » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 am

Yes, definitely! My chum Mark isn't far from you Doug so I'm sure he'd be up for it too.

There's been a lot of tinkering over the last few days. The forks now have damping (new oil), and I've just been generally tightening bits up and checking cable routing etc.

This morning I finally got around to taking off the seat and tank, only to find a rather nice little subframe: -

It has an S CDI, and looking at the KR register, from the engine number (61xx) I'd say the cases at least are S.
I have to say that the info on this site is excellent! The search facility is great! 8)

I still haven't found anything scary on the bike, where although I bought the bike as an unfinished project the work that's been done already is very good.

The bits have turned up to make a chain guide similar to Luders, so there's a job for one evening next week.

I just need to search a bit more to see if I can leave the oil pump in place as it's on premix, and as I'm completely out of touch I'll ask the usual boring tyre question - what are people using on the track now? It's currently wearing a pair of 13-year-old KR364s, where the rear is a little wide being a 160 on a 17x4.5 RGV rim. I'll probably still use them for now as there's no cracking and they're still nice and soft, and I always got on with them on my v-twin TZ250.