Carbon fetish

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
cardiffcarl
Smoker

Carbon fetish

Post by cardiffcarl »

Well the KR has long gone so I have been spending a bit of attention on the push-bike:-
1. Pace RC31 Carbon Forks
2. Titec Carbon Risers
3. Easton Carbon seatpost
4. Chris King Hubs..mmmm..very sexy!
and other silly stuff.
The Mrs would bite my b=ll=cks off if she knew the push bike I ride cost about £2K, but boys need there toys don't they :roll:
Still missing the Kr1-S though :cry:
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I have my eye out for a set of Pace RC31 forks, they weigh bugger all. Any pictures Carl?
cardiffcarl
Smoker

Bad photo

Post by cardiffcarl »

Only this really bad, 4 glasses of wine, photo :lol:
Light isn't the word......just plain silly! They seem to flex a bit to give a more compliant ride than say Kona's Project 2's...my last rigids.
Overall, if youre not really into big downhill stuff I don't see the point in sussers...energy wasting and heavy. Wiggle had RC31's at a really good price recently...worth a look, or EBay where I bought mine.
BTW........used Azonic Headlock system over the star nut.....a worthy upgrade in my opinion....dead easy to use and I swear the steering is lighter.
Cheers, Carl
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

jeez that is worth more than my cavalier and CBR put together.... :lol:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Very nice bike Carl 8) . I'm using on-one rigid forks on my Trek, i ditched the £349 Rock Shox :shock: , they are just to heavy like you say. But i will re-fit them when i visit my brother in North Wales (40 mph downhill :twisted: ). I have fitted slick tyres to mine also, the bike flies with them fitted, but i am putting the knobblies back on today as i am off for a cross country ride with a mate, and it will be me that ends up flying if i don't :D . I keep looking at newer stuff all the time, but inside i know it's not really any better than my 10 year old Trek, (triple butted true temper steel frame) well it is better, but a lot of it is just fashion, my xt kitted bike will last another thirty years, but you still keep looking :D .