gp look

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

It does look a bit 'up in the air" on the nose, have a look at the pics below the h***a appears to have the fairing mounted much lower (you can see more of the frame spars and its almost hiding the front wheel) this might cause ground clearance issues though!
Cheers
AL

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I tried a RS H##da fairing on mine and it just didn't sit right. Its basically too tall so if you get the bottom right the top is sticking up in the air and if the top is right the bottom drags on the ground. I suppose you can cut it down to fit but to be honest I gave up and fitted the early Apprilla RS250 fairing instead which is a far better fit.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

id say it needs to be lowered and shortened to make it look better?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

not far off as is, a bit of juggling and she will look lovely. like the rsw stuff, very up to date. i like the clay cross kawasaki colours though it is anb old design. seen it on a tz 250 recently, striking green red white. black/silver and white never fails, ala scot h***a racing. may look a bit too h***a but tbh that wouldnt matter to me.
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

all ideas will be put in a hat and the hat will probably be lost :wink:
did i metion it was 50p per idea :lol:
seriously, good feedback like the honesty, i am trying to lose some out of the middle, however the wine keeps getting in the way.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

ok so ive lost 40mm out of the middle and shoved the front 15mm back .
its flowing a lot better dropped the clip ons 35mm and lost the seat rails, need to remove the brackets from the cans till i can sort some lomas carbon ones.
waddya think
ade

Hiate melandri anyone?
ade.
on the pipe!!!
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

its tiny ill never fit me fat arse on it :lol:
ade.
on the pipe!!!
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Much much better, looks great! - cant wait to see it finished
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

its a very nice look, may I also suggest getting hold of an RGV tank, they are a bit more sculptured than the KR tank, and i beleive suit the lines of a more modern looking fairing.

Did you remove the height from the bellypan or fairing or both?

might be a little concerned about ground clearance though with the bellypan exaust shrouds.

Like what was said before, I think the Scot H0nda colours are nice, and so too are the West colours.

Quite like the old classic Kawasaki France colours too;
http://www.classic-motorbikes.com/scrip ... eID=163528

although this may look a bit out of place on a bike wearing modern clothes.

Just getting some brackets and sub frame mods made up this week for my new CBR600RR seat and RS125 fairing and then I'll post a pic
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

scooble wrote:Just getting some brackets and sub frame mods made up this week for my new CBR600RR seat and RS125 fairing and then I'll post a pic
Is that the newer pointy rs125?
Cheers
Al
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

No, its the older RS125, similar in shape to the 250 but the bottom parts partly shroud the spannies - may have to do without a side stand or carry a 'stick' with me everywhere I go. :shock:
The 125 doesn't have a center section, so I modified the panels to fit the 250 center section. It also has twin forward facing air scoops that I hope to utilise with a pressurised airbox.
Not sure if I am that keen on the ultra modern fairings these days i.e. new R6, they look a bit tooo pointy, 'bitty' and have really stubby seats - they don't seem to flow, if you know what I mean. But thats fashion for you or am I getting too old?
:-k

Anyway, its nice to see other members experimenting, hacking about new seats and fairings, it helps to give everyone ideas and food for thought.
Out of interest, do many RGV owners hack about alternate bodywork too?
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

scooble wrote: do many RGV owners hack about alternate bodywork too?
They have nice tyga stuff to fit! but they all look the same then!
Cheers
AL
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

took it out the top of the bellypan took 45mm at the front and about 40 at the rear just so it ran a bit better on the frame it is as tight as can be though curiously not in the width of the top fairing where if anything the origional mounts could do with a 10mm spacer so as not to nip the fairing in. never thought about the tank scooble will have to have a look :shock: , might be a while on paint till funds allow still gives plenty time for thought.
quite fancy the new aprilia rs 125 back wheel however front is single disc #-o which would mean a tuono front, might end up needing new forks to accomodate that starting to get v dear and more hassle, think i need a lie down im starting to scare myself again
ade
on the pipe!!!
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

spannerman wrote:quite fancy the new aprilia rs 125 back wheel however front is single disc
Ah yes but if you look at it the 'lug' bits that the other disc would be mounted to are cast into the wheel (as if they were anticipating a dual disc setup) I dont think it would take much to have them drilled for a disc. Earlier 5 spoke designs didn't have that.
Cheers
AL
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

result \:D/
ade.
on the pipe!!!