start of c2 stripdown & rebuild

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

the exhaust duct i fettled was the left hand(on the bike)kr1s ,it was just the floor not the ports ,to keep it similar to the kr1 right cylinder ,i didnt touch the roof ,i must of wrote things down wrong in the past? using motul 710 ,will be giving it another go this weekend
Last edited by fred on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

My mistake,i was thinking (for some reason) that you had a tuned S barrel and had modded the B2 barrel to match it whereas someone else had already modded the B2 barrel this way.
Looking at the B2 barrel there seems to be quite alot of work around the barrel/liner/transfer area compared to the S barrel.
so it may need different jets for each side.
The piston that didnt seize looks borderline lean aswell.
Did it lock up when on full throttle or when you rolled/shut the throttle off?
Motul 710's ok on a stock motor that doesnt get caned much but ive noticed even then it shows more wear marks in a short period of time whereas 800 doesnt.
Are you using the oil pump or premix?
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

your right ,it looks lean across the board just starting going dusty,it didnt nip up ,herd a clunk ,and had the clutch in in ten ft ,the piston was hitting scrap ally aginst the head ,its pump fed ,going to start working on it tommoro evening ,i was being impatient
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

all back together last night with a old piston that looks likes its plated on the crown down to the first ring (B on the crown ) ?
the barrel has a pretty good scribe line on left of exhaust port( a replate should sort this its not to deep)
put the 157.5s (chuffing rd jets) in on middle clip n turned the oil up a bit ,and took it for a spin in the pissing rain this evening ,seems all good .time to save up now for 2 new pistons and a replate ,when ive saved enough i can revert back to my standard but mismatched barrels while the works being done ,hope your all well n good
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

by turning UP the oil delivery your weakening the fuel mix,there fine set where they should be,just run better quality oil if you want a bit of a buffer. :D
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

i dont mind doing stuff twice ,standard ish barrels on ,both same height ,but used another head ,checked the squish ,.9 left .6 right ,feck ,warmed up but to be sorted tommoro ,you only find out when you measure up,one thing tho ,it ticks over lovely n revs n drops to the same revs on tickover
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

tried ringing ridley Scott but he was on chuffin vodafone call catcher all day,but i managed t get itsy and bitsy in ,even tho they wa half cut and wanted t bring there 29 kids in after the vid,i don`t mind as i dont like flies
http://youtu.be/sc_j_24vyoM
has anyone used the tz temprature guages of tbay 36 quid ish :?:
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

The audio was way out of sync when I watched that (like about 4 or 5 seconds worth), and kept cutting out. What I could hear of it sounded good though, although I'm by no means an expert in any way shape or form. When is it goin on the dyno again? And are you going to do a back to back with the home made Lomas copies?
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Yes Fred, all the racers here use them.

What do you want to know?
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

i just wonderd ,apart from tapping the head posibly n altering the fitment where the clocks mount ,do i need to wrap the lead or route it differently and does it have a bulb for night riding ,does it need power :?:
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

just been going through some old photos as me uncle passed away was at ollerton pit mainly and still smoking till he went inta hospital last week aged 77,
But heres some old pics of the first stage tart up of the £50 kr1s back in 2003 i think
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

ive a lot of happy memories of that shed
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

:shock: I want that milling machine Fred. =P~ =P~
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

its in wales now wi loads of tooling and the phase converter 350 quid ,gone to a good home,i took all the lettering of wheels wi it
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

ive been collecting some bits to hopefully keep going this yrear , ive booked prescott run the hill ,
these are old pistons but they are the same , :D