Who is racing in 2010

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Who is racing in 2010

Post by mj43 »

Anybody planning on racing in 2010?

I will be out again mix of DP and Wirral 100 meetings
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

been toying with the idea, and if I did, it would most probably be a round or two at Brands
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Me 8-[ my first race will be at Snetterton 27-28 March with Bemsee, it's my birthday on the 27th, do you think they might let me win a race :mrgreen:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Talk about a baptism of fire.
Fastest circuit in the country with some very fast lads racing.
Best of luck - I will be up at Croft with Phoenix - just hope it doesn't snow...
PL2002
lurker

Post by PL2002 »

I'm aiming to get out for a few rides - if I get home for long enough to find the bike in the garage.
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

kwackman12 wrote:Me 8-[ my first race will be at Snetterton 27-28 March with Bemsee, it's my birthday on the 27th, do you think they might let me win a race :mrgreen:
I will try and get over to see you, Snetterton is not far for me.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

mj43 wrote:Talk about a baptism of fire.
Best of luck - I will be up at Croft with Phoenix - just hope it doesn't snow...
Thanks for that Mark, made me feel a lot better now :^o :mrgreen: What gearing would you suggest?
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I should make a couple of rounds this year probably at Cadwell. Mark do you have the dP fixture list?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Kevin

Info here http://www.dpmcc.co.uk/documents.cfm?id=60

Better value than ever. Main class price frozen for 3rd year running extra class entry down to £30/day

Got 3 classes to race in

F400
Mini -Thunderbike class replaces Open 400.
Open 675 (125 to 675cc)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Great Value Mark pity I become a veteran last year LOL
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Ryanmck14

Post by Ryanmck14 »

New to the forum racing a KR1S this year in the Irish championships once it get it sorted :D . Should be a laugh fancied a change from the norm
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

kwackman12 wrote:
mj43 wrote:Talk about a baptism of fire.
Thanks for that Mark, made me feel a lot better now :^o :mrgreen: What gearing would you suggest?
Depends on how fast you and the bike are and which way the wind is blowing. I have run a close ratio box for years so can't remember what a stock box will be but 15/42 would be a good place to start. Gear it for the back straight - but keep the clutch covered when changing down going under the bridge. If it is going to seize it will be there - flat out for 3/4 of a mile then shutting the throttle takes cooling fuel from the engine - piston expands rapidly and engine seizes.
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I used to run 15/44 or 15/45 on Avons with an 18" rear wheel.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

mj43 wrote:
Depends on how fast you and the bike are and which way the wind is blowing. I have run a close ratio box for years so can't remember what a stock box will be but 15/42 would be a good place to start. Gear it for the back straight - but keep the clutch covered when changing down going under the bridge. If it is going to seize it will be there - flat out for 3/4 of a mile then shutting the throttle takes cooling fuel from the engine - piston expands rapidly and engine seizes.
Will be using 4* leaded petrol http://www.leadedpetrol.co.uk/ & engine has single ring 26J pistons "Hopefully this should reduce piston expansion" & aid cooling if I'm correct?"
scooble wrote:I used to run 15/44 or 15/45 on Avons with an 18" rear wheel.
Thanks for that Scooble i'm running the 18 on the rear, so will try the gearing you suggested
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Bloody hell!!! you were right MJ there are some fast lads in the 400 class, Finaly got my engine back from Graham File on monday, took the day of work & fitted it tuesday, dyno on wednesday (will post results later 60bhp) brought a camper on thursday & drove to Snetterton on friday (breaking down on the way there ](*,) ) attempted to put the awning up in the dark on arrival (never done it before) Saturday morning first race on wets (never used them before either) 7 laps got lapped by lap 5 by about 7 bikes!! did get a trophy though 3rd fastest rookie :D next race only got lapped by 5 bikes, last lap I came off track & Emma passed me (she got 3rd fastest rookie & trophy) Sunday was dry two good races but managed to come of track twice in race 1 & once in race 2 allowing Emma to get past me on both occasions getting another 2 trophy's, :-({|= she also got interviewed by TV crew & recieved a £100.00 spot prize voucher to spend at A&R Racing :D Totaly different to trackdays but addictive or what! think we were about 18-20 seconds off the fastest rider, my KR was the only two stroke in the race, roll on Oulton park on the 16-17 April :lol:
Only bad thing was a guy named Simon Exton died after his bike stalled on the start line in the thunderbike's & 7 others crashed into him :( but I suppose this happens on occasions although it's never nice to hear of a fellow biker dying
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250