Zeus Blue rebuild

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
sharky
Smoker

Zeus Blue rebuild

Post by sharky »

Please excuse some of my previous questions but here is the reason

the bike i bought off of Chris D off here back in july last year and it basically sat in my garage till feb this year when i decide to rebuild the bike as a zeus blue as certain parts of the bike have lead me to believe that was its original colour scheme

the bike is a japanese import C1 and has done about 11000km so low miles for the bike but its led an eventful life having been painted blue and black followed by green and black then white and red in its life... the last job quite horribly really

bike as originally bought it

i originally bought it for my fiancee to pass her test on and have a good bike for her (she's only 5'3'' and size 6 so petite)

i then set about cleaning it up a bit and go a bit carried away

bike completely dismantled and frame, swingarm wheels stripped down at chemical cleaners in Ifold west sussex then, with the bodywork over to Tony at cycle sprays in cranleigh surrey for the full treatment

shock was sent to Steve Jordan in bookham surrey to rebuild who did a fab job and i know Steve from when i raced at MRO and BSB so know he does a good job

got the swing arm frame and wheels back on saturday and today set about building the bike back up today to this

i'd previously rebuilt and painted calipers in the last couple of weeks too

will be building the chassis then doing the engine with vapour blasted cases etc

special mention to colins chemical blacking who did a load of replating for 30 quid... bargain
and Ian_B who's been ultra helpful too

will no doubt have a wanted list up soon for a load of parts i need next

will update as i get along with it
Last edited by sharky on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Looking good Sharky =D>

Will def. be keeping my eye on this rebuild, the zeus blue Kr1s is a rare beast indeed, so much so I thought it was just rumour, an old wifes tale etc etc :lol:

Good luck fella & keep the pics coming.

Howie
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

You've been a busy lad sharkey the bike looks great.Keep the pics comming =D>
"Turned out nice again"
sharky
Smoker

Post by sharky »

Cheers
forgot to mention that the frame and wheels have all been painted rather than powder coated and they look amazing.

i wasn't sure which way to go but glad i went for the paint option - just have to be careful not to scratch it

i was going to replace all the bolts with allen bolts but the backlash for Ian's has put enough peer pressure to go original and have them all replated instead :oops:

does anyone have any pictures of the orginal warning stickers it came from the factory with?

there is a place called sunrise graphics http://sunrisegraphics.co.uk/web/ who do NLA orginal graphics and want a list to send them
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Sharky I got a swinging arm sticker from kwackman12(many thanks) and I got a couple made up,I can send you one of them if you like.

I need these made up but I need someone to measure the originals for me too.

"Turned out nice again"
sharky
Smoker

Post by sharky »

That would be awesome ... will PM you my address
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Pablo,

The stickers are 30mm by 35mm

Howie
sharky
Smoker

Post by sharky »

:oops: :evil:
DOH
just realised that I put all the suspension on with loctite etc and have forgotten to put the rubber chain guide back on.....

ahhhhhhh more hours undoing things i've done
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Thanks Howie.I really need to get on with the KR1s but everything else is taking up my time and money.
"Turned out nice again"
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

I really need to get on with the KR1s but everything else is taking up my time and money.
I'm in the same boat Pablo! All I managed to get done this weekend, was stripping the rear suspension linkages on the KMX, I now need half a dozen roller bearings, a handful of grease seals & countless sleeves :roll:

Looks like I will be spending the evening looking for cheaper alternatives to Kawasaki OE items :(

Howie
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

sharky wrote:forgotten to put the rubber chain guide back on..
annoying, very.

only just remembered to do that myself recently, at a similar stage.

'tis looking good, very tidy. prefer StSt sock heads myself.

look forward to seeing a Blue/Black one.

I will also be looking for those frame stickers.
.. Image ..
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

looks real nice
dont be too Anorak (a train watcher) the rest of the world didnt get those stickers - the tank warnings are region specific too?
fatboy
Smoker

Post by fatboy »

Hi sharky

I see your in Sussex where are you exactly wouldn't mind coming round to have a look at how your getting on.
sharky
Smoker

Post by sharky »

Its been a bit of a while since update and now pretty much finished the rolling chassis and the bodywork is back from painting etc

waiting for the exhausts to be back from the painters as found some good stuff to try to give the original finish, will use some extreme high temp lacquer but its a bit of a risk at £50 for 250ml... :shock:

pls don't say anything about some of the bolts not being right... i know it was a mock up :wink:

anyway here's a few pics to go on with till i start on the engine which will be stripped and vapour blasted then rebuilt ... maybe with some porting and the f3 valves too.

expect loads of engine questions next

headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

That is looking Goddam sexy 8)

What make and size tyre does it have on the back ?
Can it yer old boiler