My next project: KR-1s

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Nice job there sp_bott, check you number plate bracket, lights round the right way but the fixing bracket is wrong way up,but your doing a bloody good job there cheers

No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Thanks, think it was your thread I spotted it, turned around the light but didn't think about the whole bracket being wrong. Will get it reversed and reversed again :)
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

SP_BOTT wrote:Thanks, think it was your thread I spotted it, turned around the light but didn't think about the whole bracket being wrong. Will get it reversed and reversed again :)
no worries :lol:
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Managed to fit a few more little parts over Christmas
Re-painted the reg bracket,

Cleaned and fitted the rear reservoir, but found a tiny split in the hose under the clamp, luckily I had a spare, with nearly new spring.

Fitted both handlebars after replating the mounting bolts, been going made with the plating kit, but now the zinc is starting to come up a bit rough, think it might be time for some new solution (not sure how long it's supposed to last?) even did the little horn spacers :)

Some more plating, swingarm spindle/nut, wheel spacers, speedo drive, footrest bolts and gearchange etc etc

Last edited by SP_BOTT on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

but now the zinc is starting to come up a bit rough
That is looking class SP, love the fact you're using the original fixings 8)

Regarding the plating, make sure you clean the tank regularly, you may need to add some 'brightener' too. I have found the pure zinc plates need changing well before the chemicals stop working.

And obviously, make sure the tanks are up to temperature especially this time of year, including the 'passivate' tank.

Hope this helps?
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Making progress slowly, being held back by the rear shock, keep waiting for a good one to come up for sale, but really think I should get mine rebuilt.

I've had a set of brand new Alpha 10's in the loft, (bought on M&Ps last tyre offer) so got those fitted last week, was well pleased, as they didn't need any balance weights fitting.

also fitted rear brake caliper hanger

along with my refurbed front calipers

One question, is this the correct place for the luggage hooks, went round for ages trying to find where they fitted. :oops:

Nearly on it's own wheels.
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

looking good but if your struggling with fasteners when i did my GT750 kettle (sold it now) i stripped it and as i wanted the Suzuki S on every bolt it should of been on i took the whole lot to a platers. I think it cost about £20 which was less than a kit back in 2004 but everything came back exactly as it left the factory so im not sure if its worth the hassle. Although it might be if you can say yeah i did that.

Either way should be a nice one that
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Well another small update, after reading all the threads on here about the rear shock decided to give mine a go myself. This has been holding me up for months now, and as i have decided there's not going to be a summer, will finish the build for next year now.

So, I totally stripped the shock and flushed everything, then plated the spring plates, adjusters, protection spring and banjo fittings, also did the small damper unit and repainted the lot.

Re painted the spring and buffed the shock body, (don't like the polished look) fitted it all together and then re-pressurised it (didn't get a lot of help of the forum about that :)) as you can see the paint hadn't hardened enough and has a few marks now :(

I have since painted the protection spring as it looked a bit poo! being yellow :)
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Managed to get all the rear end back together today, so now got it on a paddock stand for the first time in a long while.

Just got the airbox in now, and onto the engine next, got a few questions on that, but will post them in the relevant section.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

I can't believe this is taking so long, got some more stuff done so a bit of an update,

Cleaned the engine as best as possible, didn't want to strip and vapour blast, until the I know the condition of the crank etc

Fitted in frame with freshly plated bots/fixings etc....at last :)

radiator cleaned and painted

Fitted my best indicators and reflector, now working on the bodywork, got some Nos bits, but will repair my worst stuff, and have a go at spraying myself I think (how hard can it be ? :) :))
Last edited by SP_BOTT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Looking nice
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Looking captain fantastic there SP_BOTT =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

=D>
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Great job =D> =D> =D>
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

nice