BSA pics

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
john-b
Oil Injector

BSA pics

Post by john-b »

ok finally here are some pics, the first one is the B31 350 1949 not quite
finished yet but i like riding it (very relaxing somehow) and the second one is a 1961 650 super rocket which is F***ing loud and sounds evil dont know what it goes like havent been out on it yet but in its day it was equivalent to a gixer 1000 they reckon. Rocker ted will know he had one at the time :shock: :lol:

I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

nice clean bikes john

only thing is i think i would be more worried about breakdowns
on an old british bike than on my KR :lol:
Smokings Good For You
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

lovely bikes John, in the late 80's i fell out of work due to the resesion a rich builder toke pity on me who let me restore some bikes in his collection, one my favorites was 1938 Rudge Oulster with bronze head the bike has (supposably) 1 a TT. My friend clocked me on the bike at just over a ton, these old bikes can be really fun, be sure to tighten up the sterring dambper though..........keep up the good work!!!
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Nice :lol: If I knew anything at all about them I would make a comment, but I don't :lol: :lol: But I particularly like the Super Rocket.
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Beautiful old bikes, i would imagine they always draw a crowd, i can't walk past bikes like that without stopping for a closer look 8) .

P.S. Where's the oily patches on the path :D .
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

strange how the older bike in a way looks more modern :? - kind of
like some of the bikes they make in those 'biker build off' programmes

think i like that one best
Smokings Good For You
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

The 350 is a rigid no rear suspension which seems to be trendy in the custom world. Swingarms didnt come out till about 53 i dont think but it steers really well as long as you dont blow the tyre up too hard it should only be 19psi. I went out on the other one today never had anything that got so many looks the noise it makes is unreal and it flies up to 60 without trying. I reckon if your brave enough you should see a ton no worries dont know how you would stop it though 7 inch drum on the front :shock: sounds just like one of those big twin cylinder motocross sidecar outfits they used to race when i was a kid,dont think they had noise regs back then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and cant get done for it awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

Post by rockerted »

when i was young and daft, as opposed to just daft, my rocket, on a long bend could be made to whip the frame,117, roughly, but on a good night coming from the ace cafe i got 120!mine was blue and chrome with ace bars..by the way, no oil leaks.but my mate on a velo venom, could piss all over it on the bends, but he did end up under a police car!!! :lol:
remember, you can strap a monkey to a rocket, but that won,t make it a pilot..