Kips Valves

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Kips Valves

Post by Bikemike »

While having a look at what I need to do to fit my gibson pipes I noticed I had a fair bit of oil down the front of the engine.
It appears to be coming from the top of the exhaust (kips) valves, is this common?
Looking in the manual I see there is some sort of seal at the top, I guess it is this that is leaking. What the manual leaves somewhat vague however is how to remove the valves. Do they come out without having to strip the engine? Can you just replace the seals? Are seals still available and if so does anyone know the part no.?
Any advice gratefully received,

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

Yep, you can still get them from Z power- £3.53 plus vat, less discount if you PM Al.

Part no 90249 1238

It will be a futer, but you should be able to ease them out leaving the valve / head in place, just by removing the Kips links.
I've noticed a lot of wear on most of my valve stems for some reason, which probably explains the seals failing.

Good luck
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I've changed a set before, but the head and valves were removed. They started leaking again pretty quickly, but i don't think it's a problem, it just makes a mess.