elf's KR1s

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

elf's KR1s

Post by the-elf »

Well while digging about for a photot of the new gear chang lever on my bike I found some pics of my KR1s from the old forum and a newer one from Cadwell so I thought I'll put them up on here.

Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

The first picture is brilliant, i wish i had a pic of me pulling a wheelie :lol: .
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

nice pics 8) wheelie pic is easy Cliff :D plan A
Step 1. get your other half to stand at said point in road or whatever by a crest is better still with a vid cam is easiest :wink:
Step 2. approach said point like a complete tw*t flat out on one wheel ensuring vid cam is on.
Step 3. edit video on pc and pinch the best frame for a still pic :D

plan B Failing that what i did many years ago when i had a gpx600 was had about 50 goes on a flat bit and fried the clutch while my stupid mate who claimed he was David Bailey tried to capture it. Me i would go for plan A or go on a trackday then you get a pic like the top one while having fun and you dont get arrested 8) :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Or plan C, just try to get over the mountain at Cadwell without flipping the bike :D .
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

looks great
.. Image ..
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

the-elf wrote:Or plan C, just try to get over the mountain at Cadwell without flipping the bike :D .
Which is not always that easy and sometimes takes lots of back brake :shock: :shock: :shock:
Darren
Oil Injector

Post by Darren »

I like the use of the gaffer tape !
That looks like rider and bike in perfect harmony or the rider is shitting himself trying to hold on :lol:
Nice one anyway

Darren
I'll just get me coat !
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

nice bike elf

great wheelie shot 8)

great to see em still being race and abused :twisted:
2 strokes our way of life :-)
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Nice upsidedownies,
what are they off?

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Bikemike wrote:Nice upsidedownies,
what are they off?

Mike
ZXr400H model, fully adjustable with Ohlins internals :)
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

elf and the flute your making me jealous i cant wait to make my come back...but just fun these days, ive learnt that the throttle goes both ways
these days :)
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

2tanks wrote:elf and the flute your making me jealous i cant wait to make my come back...but just fun these days, ive learnt that the throttle goes both ways
these days :)
Well I can't wait at all for the start of the season. Trouble is I'm a bit knacked for transport for the start of it, as my Transit is up for sale but I still don't know when my new (/me checks to see if the wife is looking) people carrier (bike transporter) will be delivered from the factory.

Also I've done bugger all prep work for the new season. Fitted new rings and rebuilt the engine and that's it. I've gone as far as designing a large air rammed air box and new mounts for the 35mm carbs and finding a suitable programable ignition box but I've still got no further on actually building and fitting them or getting the bike down to the dyno shop :(
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Kevin welcome to the world of big ideas and little action.
I have been talking about airboxes, ignitions etc for years but never seem to get round to fitting them.

Still we will see if this year is any better.

Sold my van so now have no transport :(

Bike is in bits - however plan to be on the dyno soon. Then it is strip it all down - new barrels off to the platers and build this years bike.

Target is 6hp up on last years :shock:

That pin is going to be a bit closer to falling out - will just need to be a bit more fastidious when it comes to maintenance :D
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I've got the big ideas :lol: just seem to lack the motivation and/or the time. TBH I always seem to be motivated but too busy, or when I do have some spare time, too bloody lazy to pull my finger out and get the work done.

As for transport we both sound a bit knacked atm, but if you need a decent transit mine's on Evil Bay ATM, with the caravan following it later today. Last I heard about my new one is a delivery date sometime in April/May which could be a real PITA. Looking on the bright side I might have the time by then to actually get something done on the bike. :shock:

Just thought, I've still got to get some wheel spacers machined for the 5" rear Dymag. Darn I had forgotten about that job.
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

Went to alley palley super bike show, met a guy who does rent a race the first round is at brands in march, practice on the friday, 2 races on the sat and 2 on the sunday and if you come out the otherside you get you ACU liecence £500 as they wont renew mine as theirs an 16 year gap and what a nightmare getting an liecence these days, :evil: only down side is it's an mz ring ding ding :oops: and then i can races my own bike :D
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )