Classic bike trackdays

Tell us where to meet you!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Classic bike trackdays

Post by scooble »

just got a message from the different stokers site about track days for old bikes,

heres the link;
http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

That's a good find and I imagine quite a few would be interested in that.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Yeah, every time we've had a stand at one of the shows, someone has asked us if we're gonna start organising trackdays. Darin (who I started Diff'rent Strokers with) actually organises regular car trackdays as part of his day job, so due to popular demand, he's now set up Classic Bike Trackdays.

Some people have told us that they like the idea of taking their bikes on track but don't fancy getting in the way of the nutters on the track-prepped R1's etc. This is for them. Experienced trackday-ers (I know there's quite a few on here) will still be more than welcome, but if you're the sort of bloke who likes to turn up with your TZ in the back of the van complete with slicks and tyre-warmers and then amuse yourself cutting up the novices all day whilst setting a new lap record, you can bugger off. The whole point of this is that people have a good day and want to do it again, especially those that have never done it before. Pre-95 bikes only, and we're really hoping we'll get an eclectic assortment of machinery turn up.

There are three events booked for 2011. How these go will determine what happens after that. The very first one is at Llandow on Sat 28th May. Then there's the big one, in association with Practical Sportsbikes Magazine, at Cadwell on Fri 29th July. Staff from the magazine will be taking part and also scouring the paddock and bike park with future articles in mind. Finally there's the Teesside Autodrome one on Fri 30th Sept.

I've known Darin long enough now to realise that he'll only do something if he can do it properly, so be assured that this is a professional set-up and that he'll do whatever's needed to make your day go smoothly. Free qualified track instruction will be available as will photography and more, see the website for details and contact him via that if you have any questions.

I hope to be at all three so see you there ! :mrgreen:

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I won't be riding, because I'll be racing at Cadwell that weekend, but will get up there early on the Friday and have a good look around.
Darin

Post by Darin »

Hi,

Quick update . . .

Although our main event at Cadwell Park in July with Practical Sportsbikes mag is getting great support with a cracking range of bikes already coming along, our Llandow trackday is regrettably looking a lot quieter.

In my experience, bookings for the majority of events this year are being made later than ever, so this is a quick heads-up just to ask that if you're thinking about booking the Llandow track please do so before this Thursday evening (19 May) which is the cutoff we've agreed with the circuit, so we know how many riders want to take part. At this present moment, leaving a booking until the week before will be too late.

If we do have to make the unfortunate decision to cancel the event - which is the last thing we want to do - I guarantee we will give the guys who have booked either a full refund or carry the booking across to one of our other events this year.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news, but I'll let you know the outcome on Friday 20th May.

Thanks,

Darin
Darin

Post by Darin »

Hi everyone,

Well regrettably we had no choice but to cancel the Llandow trackday due to a lack of bookings :(

Although we were happy to go ahead with only 16+ bikes - which would have meant the format for the day was 'open pit lane' and even better for everyone - we didn't get into double figures which meant it really was a non starter.

We're very sorry to disappoint the guys who booked, but all will be fully refunded or carried forward to another event of their choice.

So we're now looking forward to our Cadwell Park trackday with Practical Sportbikes magazine on Friday 29th July. We've already got a great mix of bikes coming, but plenty of space if you'd like to come along too - just contact us on 08451 25 26 46 with any questions or if you'd like to book :)

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Darin
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

The Cadwell event is definitely going ahead. I've booked a place and will be bolting some stabilisers to the KR and wobbling round getting in everyone's way. :oops:

There's a horde of TDR's coming, making at least 30 two-strokes booked in so far. Decent number of diesels too, which will be going out in their own session apparently.

Anyone else going to be adding a splash of lime-green to the proceedings ?
Yamaha RD350LC,
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

StrokerBoy wrote:The Cadwell event is definitely going ahead. I've booked a place and will be bolting some stabilisers to the KR and wobbling round getting in everyone's way. :oops:

There's a horde of TDR's coming, making at least 30 two-strokes booked in so far. Decent number of diesels too, which will be going out in their own session apparently.

Anyone else going to be adding a splash of lime-green to the proceedings ?
How much is it? I could be tempted, but only if Andy Bailey is interested.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

£129. All details HERE.
Yamaha RD350LC,
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

It's too much for me at the moment, as I have a track day to be paid for at Anglesey in August, plus my race entry fees for next month to pay out by the end of this month, plus I need some new discs, as both pairs of mine shot. New brake pads, to go with the new discs, a new front tyre and an engine to rebuild.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Great day. Met some familiar faces and some new ones, managed 6 sessions on the KR without blowing it up or cartwheeling into the trees. I was probably the slowest person out there but I'm not trying to impress anybody.

Yamaha RD350LC,
bobbyboy
Smoker

Post by bobbyboy »

Sorry, but no pics of my Kr1s :oops:

I had a fantastic day on and off track. Very disappointed initially with my riding progress, but started to really relax and speed up during the day.
Really can't wait to do it again!

Great to meet Mick and Tom Mac again, and others who I can't put names to, but were good on/off track.

Tom checking on my pathetic wheelie attempt over the mountain...........

Being ganged up on by a trio of blue TDR's.......Are black one's faster?!

My excuse for my lack of speed, a scrutineer pissing in my exhaust before I started...... :lol:
Must stop buying any more bikes,
Oh go on then, maybe one more.....

Fairing plastics at www.taffmoto.co.uk
kaliya
lurker

Post by kaliya »

oh! nice web page , Relay fantastic
This site use full to all around the would, use it develop both.........
Camper Van For Sales
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

kaliya wrote:oh! nice web page , Relay fantastic
Camper Van For Sales
Another pathetic spammer. :roll:
Looks like another ban is due. :-k
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

ScottaKR wrote:
kaliya wrote:oh! nice web page , Relay fantastic
Camper Van For Sales
Another pathetic spammer. :roll:
Looks like another ban is due. :-k
Hmm 2 in as many weeks might have to change the anti spam question! anyway kaliya is now banned!
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams