KR1 Man meets Sleeping Beauty

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

KR1 Man meets Sleeping Beauty

Post by KR1 Man »

Hi, KR1 man here,new to the forum ,and this is my story. Pictures (when I can work out how, to follow). Back in 2005, I restored a '1S' which was eventually bought by Bournemouth Kawasaki, who sold it to a young lad for 2K! Oct 2006, a bad case of which bike syndrome, interesting project wanted;3MA? RGV?or sanitizing a TZ250(U/A/B)? Among all the broken/missing plastic / dropped powervalves/clapped out ex racers, came a KR1 sleeping beauty! Dry stored 12.5 yrs,totally standard, original paint & 19k miles. Trip to Kent,2 burger kings,couple of beers and a toolkit, I became proud 3rd owner of an originak KR1! :D Now, KR1 man ain't exactly prince charming, but with a few hours work sleeping beauty was brought gently back to life. The same week,my old 1S went up the road, and the lad offered her back to me for £375! Now I had 2 KR's,with one to donate CDI/KIPs unit/Carbs & Pipes and the rest for spares. The winter project abruptly ended when my YPVS failed a compression test :cry: The KR1 was 'going on', top end overhaul/kips seals and 1S bits, she was ready for the road, and running in. 400 miles later and Sleeping Beauty suddenly turned into :D pure piston ported rocket power, :twisted: clean running all the way up to 11k,clutch in/drop throttle and straight down to 1000rpm! :D and WOW! Adrenalin never felt this good on my old KR1-S. Not a lot more to say right now except that springtime restoration plans + running in my YPVS are well and truly in the pipeline. More to follow as it happens, (including pics) Watch this space. Best regards, KR1 man. ps: Hi Gonzohop 8)
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

welcome to the forum matey.
get us some pics up soon as you can :wink:
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

hello mate, welocme aboard you wont meet a more helpfull bunch, look forward to seeing your pictures
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Hi there, good to see another one join up 8) .
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Welcome kr1 man, are you based on the South coast?
There are a few of us down this way, 3 around Southampton, a couple in Pompey and John occasionally lives in Poole; plus some others I have probably missed.
It would be good to meet up some time, Shimmer would even be welcome on his H**da :)

Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

Hi BikeMike, KR1 man calling .Spot on, Yes I live on the south coast,Bournemouth to be precise, 8) Would be VERY interested in a get together sometime (if poss), as I've got a friend local who is doing a full KR1 restoration and boy has he got a big job on, left outside with pipes off/ plugs out for 9-10 years!!! But, all credit due, this Kwak is going all the way. We've already discussed a summertime rideout, (Bikenite-Poole Quay-Tues) via Dorset way/Upton bypass and back :twisted: :D 8) perfect roads for a bit of a race and some 12000k!!!! :twisted: A local dealer with a gorgeous 8000 mile KR1-S has expressed an interest too, so the more the merrier/madder depending how you look at it! Just imagine though, Poole Quay,Bikenite, summertime, 10.00pm and several KRs' warming up prior to another group blast back along the (un) official race track. Will get round to putting pix on site as soon as my daughter shows me how to. In the meantime keep the revs high and speak soon; best regards, KR1 man.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

The NSR lot are going to Beaulieu 23/24 June
That is down your way?

Think it is something organised by the LC mob
http://www.nsr250.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4194
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 man calling MJ43, NSRs' at Beaulieu? Reckon good old Lord Montagu would REALLY appreciate a stand full of KRs :D especially considering John Reynolds used to race (and win on) them in Supersport 400 back in the early 90's. :D Do the NSRs' have any race heritage like our beloved KR1/KR1-s's ? By the way, Beaulieu does have 'ride-in's' for owners clubs, the Kettle club did one last summer with about a dozen GT750s riding around the small circuit. Sounded great; however, what would a dozen KRs sound like doing the same?awesome would be an understatement, especially on the clutch in 2nd... 8) Only downside with Beaulieu: food/drink/beer, extortionately priced, saying that though, great day for autographs. Hope this could be (pardon the intended pun) Food For Thought... best regards, KR1 man.
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

hi kr1man

welcome to the forum 8)
2 strokes our way of life :-)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

Bikemike wrote:
It would be good to meet up some time, Shimmer would even be welcome on his H**da :)

Mike
OI nowt wrong with me h***a..... well its not green and dont require sythetic LOL

meeting at poole would be go or have a blat down some of the new forest roads.... hopefully b4 the place is full of tourists :roll:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

KR1 Mans Pics!!

Post by KR1 Man »

As promised here are the pics of my KR1, the Kr1s I restored in 2005 and my 350LC YPVS complete with Scrumpy the 2 stroke cat!

Here are the KR1S -:

And heres the cat!!

Please note Scrumpy the 2stroke cat in her time has ridden both KR's and my X7, TZR250 V-Twin, Rs125 Extrema, Replica and a 535 Virago!
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

very nice the RED KR1 looks top :D
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

lovely collection of bikes...the kr1 does look very nice 8)
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

you get bloody big butterfly's where you live mate :shock:

bikes look real nice :wink:
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Very nice mate, was the "Brazil" valve derestricted when you got it?