Kr1 wont rev + backfire

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
scooby_hugh

Post by scooby_hugh »

Unfortunately the kr has taken a back seat as i nicked a head nut for my cr500 road reg'd supermoto which id like to sort a little bit before getting back to the kr,

I would have thought though even being abit lean and having no airbox it isnt just running rough its barely running at all and not for long, this is why i thought crank seals... Crankcase strugges to hold pressure then bike cuts out then starts again then cuts out, plus i saw a liquid which looks like gearbox oil on my plugs!!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Your crank seals my well be passing oil, but it won't cause you mechanical issues, I've had my KR for 18 years, so it's fair to say I know them fairly well.

Have you got a flywheel puller yet?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I once had a CB360 twin I was restoring , and at one point I couldn't get it to run nicely.

until I fitted the air filters correctly. The point was, each cylindre had it's own filter + housing, and at the bottom there was a link to each other. I just hadn't pressed the links into each other. That minor thing caused the bike to run very bad. So bad you couldn't ride it. Just buy making the link, the bike ran smoothly.

just to say : it doesn't have to be big things to give big problem's. And that's why I would first fit an airbof before wasting time and money on other things :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !