pics of my lc

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
lars
Smoker

pics of my lc

Post by lars »

rd250lc 1981
rd125dx 1980
kr1 1989
ar125
fzr600
cj250
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

looks pretty nice, barrels need painting and you forks are pitted :cry: sorry i'm in a bastard of a mood this afternoon
lars
Smoker

Post by lars »

forks are slightly pitted no mot fail i hope. barrels could do with a paint
will do that very shortly
rd250lc 1981
rd125dx 1980
kr1 1989
ar125
fzr600
cj250
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

Raced one in the early 80's, the thing handled so bad,keep thinking the frame had broke, soted it in the end,good bike. :evil:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

thats nice...

surley the iffy handling is all part of the appeal??? :D
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

Did'nt mean the RD, i ment the pink and white bike in the back ground of the second photo :lol: :lol: :lol:
once they made a fork brace, abit of manxton rework on the suspension and a sterring damper they were wicked, my first race bike so they are very special to me.......love the bike

l
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

I always prefered the original lc's handleing to the valve, always seemed much more 'chuckable' if you know what I mean. The valves always seemed much more top heavy to me, probably not the case but just how I perceived it :lol: True you wouldn't class an lc as razor sharp now but then again I've since found that it works with the throttle only part way open. 8)
PS, nice lc, get the barrels sorted and it'll look really good :lol:
Just thinking how many on here, have an lc as well, John, Lee, Tambo,Lars, Me, who else?
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

not me :( yet :wink:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

doe's yamagamma count? :D
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

why not post some pics of your yammagamma?

used to have a MKIII RG250 - lovely looking bike at the time
Smokings Good For You
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

will do when i get a digi cam. in middle of rebuild aswell but will post pic or two of the kr shortly, waiting for gaskets then off to pick tie rods off rc46 and get me spacers off elf. will borrow camera in meantime as soon as kr racer is complete. should be done in a week or so. the gamma is a fine looking bike but mine is gonna be a rep of the len manchester f2 yams that graeme mcgregor kicked butt at the tt many moons ago. arnie fletcher ( the original tuner of the 162mph f2 lc!) still races one today in icgp rounds. the yamagamma is a ripsnorting pig that wheelies in 1st/2nd without been asked! stan stevens proddie tune, swarbricks, recently had 34mm carbs borrowed from a tz but will get pkw's as no tickover was a pita.so flickable it's unreal! prefer the feel of the kr though
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

aha... :) i'm not the only one to admit to having had a mk3 gamma...try riding an x7 flat out.... :lol: :lol: a 350 valve seems rock solid in comparison.. :lol: :lol:

Dave
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Never had a gamma, but do fancy getting my hands on a mkIII as a restoration project. Well it's either that or a 125lc for the next project.
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man (Headbanger) calling. X7 flat out, now there's an experience once tried - never forgotten, and we all think our beloved KRs' could do with steering dampers! Flighty or what????? Love the LC, takes me back to the pre-125 law Weymouth 80 mph+ Down the Seafront Racing Madness Days, and my first encounter with one. Now, the first Weymouth guy to own a 250LC was a chap called Chris Boyce (flash/rich git). For those who don't know the area, I apologise but for anybody who does, you'll know the roads/corners I'm about to mention. Riding into town on my old aircooled 250DX one evening, I suddenly realised "I've got that bloody poser on his new LC on my axxe." Sod my 24000 miles, sod the speed limits, sod EVERYBODY/THING ELSE, let's 'ave 'im. It started by the old Teachers Training College and continued past St Johns church, all through the town, followed by Rodwell/Buxton road/Fords corner/Wyke/Ferrybridge and 90% of Portland Beach Road, where he only managed to pass me about 400 yards from the roundabout at the Portland end!!! And boy was it worth it! Said it before, will say it again: If ANYBODY on this Forum was a part of that 'Weymouth Insanity Club' then please pm me. Took my YPVS down there a couple of months back and due to changes in the road layout was only just able to hit 70mph! very sad. All the best, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
666damned
Oil Injector

Post by 666damned »

KR1 Man......i think yourself and I went to the same loooooony school,just different parts of the country........ :lol: :lol: :lol: