Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

Top end in today ! will put some more pickies up as it progresses hope you like them \:D/
buzinc
Heavy Smoker

Post by buzinc »

I have to say, I do admire the speed at which your are disassembling, refurbishing and re-assembling the bike. Puts my three year effort to shame, well done.
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Forgot to add,
Rear engine mounts have a habit of cracking,this is because kawasaki tolerances are a bit hit and miss,you need to slacken off the mounts and use a feeler gauge and see if you can fit between the spacer and frame/engine.
If you can then you need to make some shims up to take this space up,otherwise the alloy mount will be in tension when its torqued up,eventually it will crack(you know when its happened,BIG vibes!LOL).
Im still confused about the Nikon's,there unlike what they used to sell,the fabrication technique wasnt cone construction,check out the thread"nikon pipes",salty's pic is how they were,minus the high level extension.
they were a very good pipe,peak power was slightly down on stock but they revved further before peaking so werent so critical to gearing.
be interesting to see how yours perform back to back with the stock pipes.
Merry Xmas, :D
Kr looking good BTW =D>
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Seeing as this thread hasn't been updated in a while, here's the bike at Mallory yesterday.
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

Yes good point Ben.... I will get it updated #-o
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Heres hoping the testing went well - great looking pair of bikes 8)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Kevin,
What's the verdict then....?
Did it perform to expectations ?
Cheers
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

500bernie wrote:Hi Kevin,
Cheers
I believe the answer is no, ignition problem's ...
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

your always going to have a problem with something but im intrigued to know why you think that Jan or are you just cheating and read something :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I have a magic glass ball :mrgreen:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

ignition problems

Post by KFOR »

I am just uploading a little video clip for you to take a look at Janbros. Basically it wont run. It trys but spits and backfires then dies. General feeling was the rectifier has gone but may well of fried the CDi unit ?
whats your initial thoughts on the problem ...have you come across this. both Ben and i had a really good session on track despite the bad weather conditions. we had maybe 30/40 laps. but i lost the Rev counter first, then after a couple of laps she seemed to struggle for power and died. Another friend told me he saw white smoke coming out of the right exhaust ?
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

500bernie wrote:Hi Kevin,
Cheers
It was a pleasant suprise Bernie, wasn't sure what to expect really handling/power delivery etc. But after a few running in sessions i began to open things a little more and found the engine was really strong and pulled from the bottom well. Needed to lower things on the rear R6 shock as i felt like i was falling in the corners lol.

About 5 laps from the end of the day some electrical Gremlins showed themselves, i lost the rev counter first and felt the power drop off slightly then half way down the pit straight she just stopped :shock: and struggled/fumbled to find neutral so pushed her the rest of the way back to the pits garage we had. Honestly i nearly passed out lol not as young as i was anymore 8-[ Hopefully it wont take to long to get sorted.