another one

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
john-b
Oil Injector

another one

Post by john-b »

I picked this up on Friday, i shouldnt of bought it really but its Christmas or it was :lol: Besides the b25 is stripped and the bottom end has been sent away for an oil filter conversion and rebuild so i think i should just have time to tidy it for summer.

Anyway it is on the road and came with a few spares like original pipes and rear wheel etc too. Not sure which way to go with it yet but either way its another that will be staying in one piece.

So far i have fixed the kips valve had to re tap the threads on one it had a split pin in and rattled plus it was on the wrong way round so shut when the others were open, carbs are on the wrong sides but overall it seems ok. Its certainly a better starting point than the last one i rebuilt.

Pulled the fairing off and started fixing the knackered race one i had behind the shed. The white and red bits are the bits i have put in because they were missing due to crash damage. Lucky i used to work in fibre glass really then. I know i should of shown you how i did it before anyone says it and i might do the rest step by step in the project section if anyone is interested.

I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Does look like a good starting point for a resto project there. Keep the pictures coming and good luck.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

i reckon this year is going t be a good un ,happy days
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

good luck look forward to see the progress
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Good luck......

But where do you find the time :-k
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

Finding time is pretty easy as i have no kids and im single plus at the mo its off season. Once the motorsport calender starts again i wont have so much as im away quite alot or can be.

I should get a proper job again really although this one does have plus points like working at the festival of a thousand bikes last year. I got to see everything for free and we had Freddie Spencers world championship winning NS500 in the awning 8)

I would just add its not always like that it sounds alot more glamorous than it is :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)