classic bike trackdays

Tell us where to meet you!
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Hi guys,

I did 3 out of 7 sessions on the kr, really enjoyed it but on the 3rd session my bike heat seized on me at the back of park straight, really light though and grabbed clutch quickly, bike ran fine after but didnt want to do any more serious damage so knocked it on the head. Will be fitting new rad, scitsu temp gauge and investigate what temp my thermostat opens at to solves the cooling problem.

Otherwise it was great, weather a bit miserable and the track was damp but gave me a feel for it and loved it.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Have you looked at it yet?
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

I'm gunna whip the engine out and take it back to uni with me and rebuild it there. I won't be at home again for a while so it will give me something to do on a night time. Will give me chance to set the squish and compression up a bit better too while i'm at it.

Dan
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Also does anyone know if there is somewhere where all the pics from the day get put up on the web?

Dan
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

I know Tim and Darin tend to put photos up on the DS site

Hope you all have a great (and safe) time

8)
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

If this link works - some photos here:

http://diffrentstrokers.com/cadwell2012.htm

=D>
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

I made it one session further - but the top end expired in the 4th session - grinding to a halt at the start of Coppice

Was certainly wet!

Will rebuild the top end for the Donnington track day on 4th August - hopefully summer will be here by then

Salty
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Top-shaggy wrote:I know Tim and Darin tend to put photos up on the DS site
Yeah, I've put my own (crap) pics up already, see 'em via that link. I can't get the official pics I'm afraid but I'll try and snaffle a couple off Darin.

There should be another video too but don't hold your breath... :lol:

Glad you all enjoyed it even with a few mechanical gremlins. I didn't ride at all in the end but enjoyed hanging out and chatting with people. It was a good atmosphere with no-one taking it too seriously. See you at the next one.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Mechanical Update: was just water in the CDI, but caused awful backfire poping and sputtering. With hindsight not fitting the rear mudguard and attaching the CDI above the rear wheel with a cable tie, wasn't good enough for 250 miles on a trailer in heavy rain then spashing round a wet track.

Swapped for a known good spare and now running fine. Wet one can sit in the airing cupboard for a few days.

Salty
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Well I've booked Mallory and Donnington and really looking forward to them... As long as the weather is better than it is right now !!

Im a right gurl when it comes to wet weather thrashing and could well be there like Tim hiding in the van if it's not warm and sunny LOL

Stripped one of my bikes yesterday and was hoping to put it together for a run out sometime today - looking out at the heavy rain and stormy winds I ain't going no where !

Grrrrrrr ... :roll: 8)
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

thats good news, it does look good and ime a complete novice so may be a way to go
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Got the engine out yesterday and had a quick look up the exhaust port, very very very very light scuff on the exhaust side of the left piston, hardly any damage at all as far as I can see so I've been very lucky.

will be rebuilding the top end and upgrading the porting at the same time.

Also made a discovery when taking the engine out, my PV curve was still set at 100% open for all revs, from when I had it down at krazy katt for testing on the dyno. I had forgot to program the PV curve back in haha.

So no wonder my bike was loud on the noise test as the sub exhaust ports were wide open. Plus it did feel like the bottom end was a bit flat, I thought it was mainly carburation but apparently not. Saying that it was driving on ok from 6.5k on the tacho onwards even with the powervalves fully open so i can't wait to see what its like when its programmed how it should have been.

Salty,

Glad to hear that your top end is ok, when watching that session i wondered where you had gone.

Dan
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I moved all my electrics to the front of the bike and tucked them away in the nose cone. Had water ingress before at a rain soaked Snetterton and didn't fancy going through that again.
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Darin

Post by Darin »

Gonna have to give Jonny more ProPlus and Redbull so we get 'em finished quicker, but hopefully it was worth the wait!!

Don't hold you breath for a Mallory Park video tho as we probably won't be doing one. Should still be a good day though as we've got a nice list of strokers already booked including a few KRs . . . room for some more yet though if you're free on Friday 29th June and fancy 9 sessions around Leicestershire finest circuit! 8)